Author Topic: Are there any wireless cameras that work outside?  (Read 14882 times)

icam-c-u

• View Profile
Re: Are there any wireless cameras that work outside?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 07:46:08 PM »
Hi Stefan,

Update for you....

After I got home I played around for a while and I think I cracked it (fingers crossed).

Foscam app - non connection issue over 3G, I swapped the camera IP address for my external IP address and hey presto, it now works on wifi and 3G.

I found that various people say different things, some say to connect using camera IP others say use external IP, external was winner for above app.
I will have to wait till I go work tomorrow to test from another computer using external IP but I have a feeling it will work.

iCam app - I also tested iCamSource with external IP and camera IP and they both work over wifi and 3G.
Over 3G both IP cam USB cam now only seem to have a 1-4 second lag, a much better improvment.
I think it was worse when I tried at my sister house because I remotely accessed my computer from hers to run iCamSource.
Will test 3G from near work too, I know 3G is not connecting to my wifi, but a just want to do a proper test  ;D

As my external IP is constantly changing (due to more reboots these days, port forwarding etc) I think I will sign up for DDNS and make life easier for myself  8)

Should be receiving a Foscam FI8908W tomorrow, so I should have 1 USB and 2 IP cams running from iCamSource.

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 10:43:42 AM »
Thanks for the update! :)

icam-c-u

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 02:18:07 PM »
I have successfully connected to my IP camera from my work computer and iCamSource over 3G on iPhone.

I pointed the USB and IP camera at my TV before I left home, I'm now sitting at work watching Friends on E4+1 via iCam over 3G  ;D and both camera's are updating within a second of each other.