Author Topic: Lost Sound on my Logitech Orbit AF...was working fine. Error Message attached  (Read 5507 times)

squarerules

• View Profile
I originally had no sound options in the icam software drop down.  I uninstalled and then reinstalled the quick cam software and then ran the software update for my quick cam.  The audio option then showed up in icam and was working great!  This morning it is no longer there and apparently the client crashed.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Form1.Start_CamCap_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
iCamSource
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3336.19776
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/iCamSource/iCamSource.exe
msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.21022.8
    Win32 Version: 9.00.21022.8
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_x-ww_d08d0375/msvcm90.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You're seeing the same error message that was mentioned in this thread: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=93.0

It's interesting that iCamSource 1.1.1 worked before it crashed.  I'd like to get some info from you that could help track the problem down.

1. If you quit the iCamSource application, then relaunch it, do you see that error message when you click the start button?

2. If you reboot your computer, then launch iCamSource and click the start button, do you still see the error message?

squarerules

• View Profile
No problem!

I have not rebooted yet.........

When I quit icam and relaunch it I get a message that pops up "No microphones detected" and I hit OK.  Under Video Source I have 3 options:

1. AVerMedia Capture
2. AVerMedia Capture
3. QuickCam Orbit/Sphere AF

Under Audio Source there is nothing.  When I choose QuickCam Orbit/Sphere AF as my Video Source and click Start I get a pop up immediately that says "Unhanded exception has occured in your application.  If you click continue, the application will ignore this message and attempt to continue.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.  Object reference not set to an instance of an object."   Under the details box is the error I posted above.  If I click continue and then click start on icam I get the same message.

I just rebooted.  When I launch icam I get the message that pops up "No microphones detected" and I hit OK.  I choose QuickCam Orbit/Sphere AF as my Video Source and click start and I get the exact same error message.

Please let me know if you need anything else or if you need me to test a "fixed" version"

Thanks,
-Marty

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for that info.

I wish there was a "fixed" version  :)  For now, it would just be a test version with more detailed error messages.  Problem is, I need make an educated guess about where the problem might be occurring in order to make a test version for you to try.  So I've got some more things for you to try.

Is your webcam plugged into a USB hub?  If so, please try plugging the webcam directly into the computer's USB port.

If it's already plugged directly into the computer, please try plugging it into a different USB port.

squarerules

• View Profile
I am plugged into a USB hub.  Funny thing is I have been away from the PC for a few days and now I just checked it and everything is fine now.  very odd!   

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've had sporadic issues with several USB hubs in the past, not just with webcams, but with mice and keyboards as well. 

If the problem re-appears, please try plugging the webcam directly into the computer to see if that helps.

squarerules

• View Profile
The issue came back this AM so I removed the camera from the USB hub and plugged it in directly to the PC.  I rebooted and everything is working again.  I'll monitor this setup and report back if it crashes or stays stable.

squarerules

• View Profile
The issue came back this morning.  iCam was working all day and then this morning I tried to connect and could not.  I am thinking my antivirus daily 3:00am scan is causing a problem as that process runs every night.  I use free AVG.  I will disable a scan for tonight and see if iCam make it through the night! I don't have time to run a scan right now as I am off to work.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you see this problem again, please email support@skjm.com and refer to this forum thread.

It seems like you have two related problems, your audio device is disappearing, and the program crashes when the device disappears.

We don't really have any control over the audio device disappearing.  iCamSource asks Windows for a list of audio input devices.  If your mic doesn't show up, that means that Windows doesn't think it's connected.  There are a variety of possible reasons for that including a bad USB cable or port, driver problems, etc.

The crashing should be fixable.  If you see the problem again, I can give you a test version of iCamSource to try to eliminate the crashing.