Author Topic: Update for ios4, iphone 4 resolution, ipad??  (Read 5900 times)

viop-ninja

• View Profile
Update for ios4, iphone 4 resolution, ipad??
« on: July 16, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »
I know you guys are a small shop, but considering that your application is relatively premium priced I'm getting dismayed as the weeks tick by without a single update for iCam.  By now I would have expected an app that is optimized for the resolution of the iPhone 4, the iPad as well as ios4 fast application switching.

What gives guys?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Update for ios4, iphone 4 resolution, ipad??
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 01:04:18 AM »
Once we have completed work on the next major version of the iCamSource application we will be adding iPad-optimizations to iCam.

What sort of fast application switching functionality are you interested in?

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »
Once we have completed work on the next major version of the iCamSource application we will be adding iPad-optimizations to iCam.

I think he means not having to wait for the camera to connect again if you leave the app. Like you can switch to do a SMS then back to iCam without having to reconnect.

Also is there an ETA you can give us for the new iCam Source?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 04:09:42 PM by Dean »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 02:22:58 PM »
Dean - The Beta Mac version of iCamSource 2.0 is available here:  http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=958.0

The Windows version is still in development, and should be available for Beta testing in the next week or two.

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 04:50:50 PM »
Dean - The Beta Mac version of iCamSource 2.0 is available here:  http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=958.0

The Windows version is still in development, and should be available for Beta testing in the next week or two.

Thanks Jay, saw it this morning and I went out an bought two more cameras  ;D

Only problem is the network camera doesn't work, so I'm running the beta and the old version  :P

Thanks,
Dean

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 06:37:07 PM »

I think he means not having to wait for the camera to connect again if you leave the app. Like you can switch to do a SMS then back to iCam without having to reconnect.

Also is there an ETA you can give us for the new iCam Source?

Hi Dean, yes, for fast user switching it would be nice if the application could continue running in the background for at least a minute or two so that if I needed to take a phone call, etc, and reconnect it's still there on the particular camera I had previously selected.

I think you can set it up so that it does this in the background and then terminates the data feed automatically after a timer expires so that it does not sit forever in the background sucking down the users data connection if they are on 3GS, etc.

Thanks again for the attention to this.  I've shown this app to many friends who are simply amazed with it and I'm sure if you guys can enhance it a bit for iPad, etc you can sell another million copies!  :)

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »

???

Please Please release the iPad and Windows updates!?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 01:26:51 AM »
As indicated above, the Windows version will be available for testing in the next week or so if things go smoothly.  Once testing is complete on the Mac and Windows versions of iCamSource and the new version is released, then development will begin on iPad optimizations.  I don't have any estimate for when that will be ready.

hoodedcrow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »

Will the optimized iPad iCam release be in the same app as the iphone, or will it be in a separate iPad release, i.e. will have to rebuy?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 10:10:18 PM »
If it's updated to display the current iCam functionality in native iPad resolution, it'll probably be released as a Universal app that works on both the iPhone and the iPad.  If major iPad-only features are added, it's possible we may release it as a separate iPad app.  I think we're currently leaning towards releasing a Universal app.

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 03:27:58 PM »
I know you guys are a small shop, but considering that your application is relatively premium priced I'm getting dismayed as the weeks tick by without a single update for iCam.  By now I would have expected an app that is optimized for the resolution of the iPhone 4, the iPad as well as ios4 fast application switching.

What gives guys?

I agree.... the iPhone 4 and iPad were no secret were they?.....Time to get on it! ::)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 09:15:10 AM »
We are currently planning on having an iCam 2.0 BETA test start next week.  :)

iCam 2.0 includes iPad optimizations, primarily. It will be a Universal Binary that will run on both iPads and iPhones / iPod touches, and will be a free update for all existing users.

iCam will not be able to take advantage of "fast application switching" as iOS 4 is not really a true multi-tasking operating system: The network connections are not maintained when an application is put in the background.

Look for a post in the Beta Testing sub-forum next week to register your device(s) for the iCam 2.0 BETA.