Author Topic: iCamSource 2.0 BETA  (Read 66759 times)

swede76

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.0 BETA
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 07:18:12 AM »
I tried running just the iSight and still no luck, just shows a grey screen instead of a video stream.  Tried no audio as well and no other USB peripherals installed.  It seems like the iCamSource is somehow disabling the iSight completely for some reason.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »
Does the latest BETA 2.0.3 fix your issue? It had a problem in it where cameras that were added or removed were not capturing correctly until after you closed & restarted the iCamSource application.

swede76

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »
Yep, Beta 2.0.3 works fine.  One thing though, if I have 2 cameras configured, is there no way to stop just one of them?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 11:11:32 AM »
Yep, Beta 2.0.3 works fine.  One thing though, if I have 2 cameras configured, is there no way to stop just one of them?

Glad to hear that 2.0.3 fixed the issue. :)

Currently the Starting and Stopping of the iCamSource does Start and Stop all of the cameras at once.

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 07:06:42 PM »
Hey Stefan, I'm pretty sure you changed it so that the scheduling is now universal for all cameras? Is this true? I sort of liked it a lot more when I could set up each camera separately... :-\

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »
That shouldn't be the case, no.  ???

Are you seeing that in the Schedule settings in the iCamSource Preferences window? Or in the actions of the iCamSource itself?

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 08:47:32 PM »
That shouldn't be the case, no.  ???

Are you seeing that in the Schedule settings in the iCamSource Preferences window? Or in the actions of the iCamSource itself?

Hmm, did some testing, looks like almost 1/10 times I change something on one camera, it applies changes to all cams... Whether it be deleting settings for a day altogether or just changing the time. Very weird!  :-[

This is on beta 2.0.3 by thee way.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:49:08 PM by Dean »

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 08:51:24 PM »
Further testing seems to show this happens only when the cameras are in "broadcast" mode, i.e. "Started"

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 04:05:28 AM »
Very strange ... I have been unable to replicate this so far. ???

Do you know if this is something new to 2.0.3? Or can you recreate the same issue in the previous BETA versions?

Are you changing a setting under the Schedule tab for one camera and then selecting another camera to see the change has carried over to all the other cameras? Do you have the same number of settings for each camera? When you click on the other cameras does the name of the camera in parenthesis change in the "Schedule (<camera description>)" to the appropriate one?

How many cameras do you have configured?

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 05:17:43 PM »
Very strange ... I have been unable to replicate this so far. ???

Do you know if this is something new to 2.0.3? Or can you recreate the same issue in the previous BETA versions?

Are you changing a setting under the Schedule tab for one camera and then selecting another camera to see the change has carried over to all the other cameras? Do you have the same number of settings for each camera? When you click on the other cameras does the name of the camera in parenthesis change in the "Schedule (<camera description>)" to the appropriate one?

How many cameras do you have configured?

It was happening on the source app, and on iCam, I tested it at work with the built in iSight and another camera and couldnt get it to do the same thing. When I got home I tested some more, it was still happening. I seem to have fixed the problem by trashing the iCam prefs and starting over... I'll let you know if it happens again :S

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2010, 05:58:24 PM »
It was happening on the source app, and on iCam, I tested it at work with the built in iSight and another camera and couldnt get it to do the same thing. When I got home I tested some more, it was still happening. I seem to have fixed the problem by trashing the iCam prefs and starting over... I'll let you know if it happens again :S

Did you fix the problem by trashing the iCam prefs or the iCamSource prefs? If it's the iCamSource prefs that might make sense if it got into a weird state from a previous beta version.

Thanks for all the great feedback Dean! :)

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2010, 06:18:45 PM »

Did you fix the problem by trashing the iCam prefs or the iCamSource prefs? If it's the iCamSource prefs that might make sense if it got into a weird state from a previous beta version.

Thanks for all the great feedback Dean! :)

Trashed the iCamSource prefs :P

No problem, beta is looking great!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:58:33 PM by Dean »

mwhaley

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 08:51:17 AM »
I dont have the beta for v2 for my iPhone yet, but I installed the iCamsource Beta 2 and from my iPhone or via the Webpage, I am unable to view the cameras, broker error, ports are set the same as before.

UPDATE:

I can now see one of my camera's via iCam or the iCamweb page and the iMac camera does not show up at all, even in the icamsource application on the mac. The other 4 cams give the broker error. I have the exact login info as all the others, but only 1 shows.

UPDATE 2: Now I restarted iCamSource and I see 3 out of the 5 cam's (still no iSight camera)

Refreshed iCam on the iphone again, now only one cam showing!

I found that if I don't have the iSight added to the list of cameras and if I have auto config router enabled, it all works!

Restarted iCamSource and now see 2 cams (not iSight)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:50:23 AM by mwhaley »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 10:33:28 AM »
Thank you for the feedback.

If you are Stopping and re-Starting the iCamSouce it may be an issue of the older version of iCam only being able to connect to 4 iCamSources at a time. It takes about 60 seconds for old iCamSources to "time out" with the iCam Broker Server, so if you run 4 webcams in your iCamSource at a time, wait a minute before trying to connect with iCam, and you should be able to connect to all of them.

iCamWeb doesn't currently support more than 4 cameras at a time, either.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »
The Windows version (2.0 BETA) is now available: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.0.exe