Author Topic: iCamSource 2.0 BETA  (Read 66916 times)

trujillo

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.0 BETA
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2010, 10:15:56 AM »
I am running the latest iCamSource 2.0 Beta on my windows 7 machine.   There are 4 wifi camera's connected.  I am running the icam iphone application version from iTunes.

I setup a schedule for each camera to start recording M-F 8am, with no push notification.

Now no matter what I do from my icam iphone application, no camera will record motion.  I have flipped the Record Motion Events setting from my iphone, but nothing records.   

Do you have any idea what happening?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2010, 01:25:33 AM »
Do you see this same behavior in the release version (1.4.2.5)?

What directory are motion event recordings being stored in?  Windows 7 has a lot of directories that it won't allow write access to applications.  The default folder is the My Pictures folder, which always has write permissions by default.

trujillo

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2010, 07:21:28 AM »
icamsource 1.4.2.5 has not displayed the same behavior.  I have been using 1.4.2.5 for several months. 

Only when I installed the 2.0 version did I experience the no recording problem.  I have uninstalled 2.0 and put 1.4.2.5 back on my windows 7 machine.   I will check the recording directory location.

One problem with 1.4.2.5, is the everyday one of my four icamsource processes stops running (same machine) after about 12 hours.  So each morning I have restart the one missing or stop the remain three, then auto start (batch file) all four again. 

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2010, 12:56:26 AM »
How many cameras are you connecting to with that instance of iCamSource?

Do you see this same behavior if you only connect to one camera in iCamSource?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2010, 03:59:42 PM »
I have the same Lifecam HD 5001 and it works on both my MacBook and Mac Pro with 2.0.3. Have you tried unplugging it and re-plugging it in? Is it the only Camera listed in the iCamSource? Do you have any other webcams engaged at the same time?

I've been experimenting a lot with the FireWire iSight, Logitech Pro 9000, and Lifecam HD 5001 on my Mac Pro. The iSight (since it is on the FireWire bus) doesn't interfere with the two USB webcams, but I am unable to get both USB webcams to function at the same time in the iCamSource. The same goes for if I try to run one in Photo Booth and the other in iChat.

I was also unable to get both USB webcams working on the Mac Pro in Windows 7 in Parallels using the iCamSource 2.0 BETA.

On my MacBook (which has a Built-In iSight that is also on the USB bus) I am able to get 2 of the 3 webcams to work at the same time in the iCamSource and with other webcam applications. Actually, with Photo Booth and iChat, I cannot get the Logitech to work with either of the other two webcams, but the Built-In iSight and Lifecam HD 5001 will co-exist in Photo Booth and iChat. In the iCamSource the Logitech will work with one of the other webcams, just not both.

I am unsure as to the cause of this, but I do think it is an issue that is independent from the iCamSource. (At least it seems that way.)

I guess the moral of the story is: Yes, some users have been able to connect more than one USB webcam to their computer and use them with the iCamSource, but your mileage may vary. (If you use multiple network IP cameras with the iCamSource you will not encounter this problem.)

In debugging the code of the iCamSource everything seems to be working as expected when the image and audio capture callbacks are setup for each webcam. The problem is that the callbacks are not being called, which I am assuming has to do with the operating system not being able to fully engage the hardware and capture any data in some situations.

sdbruder

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2010, 05:34:01 PM »
Anyone having problems connecting "from outside" (3G) using iCam stable to iCamSource Mac os beta? If I just started icamsource, it works. Few hours later, it cant find it (using 2 ip cameras).

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2010, 09:01:13 PM »
What error message do you see when you are unable to connect via 3G?

sdbruder

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »
What error message do you see when you are unable to connect via 3G?

Now I cant reproduce it :-). Ive found that my ADSL was disconecting semi-periodically, I think that these re-connections (my ip changes every re-connection) are the source of  the reported problems. iCamSource has some way to notice "my valid ip changed, I have to re-stablish my address:port" ?

Now the problem is another: Only one of the cameras are showing up in iCam (stable release from app store).

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2010, 03:47:33 PM »
There may be a way for us to have the iCamSource realize that the external IP address has changed, yes.

As for only one of the cameras showing up in iCam, is this over local WiFi? Do you see any error messages in iCam if you let it try to connect for 30-60 seconds? Are the iCam Login and Password combinations the same for both cameras and in iCam?

sdbruder

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2010, 08:41:19 PM »
There may be a way for us to have the iCamSource realize that the external IP address has changed, yes.

As for only one of the cameras showing up in iCam, is this over local WiFi? Do you see any error messages in iCam if you let it try to connect for 30-60 seconds? Are the iCam Login and Password combinations the same for both cameras and in iCam?

over local wifi AND over 3G. No error messages in iCam, only missing cameras (1 instead of 2), Ive tried the 'reconnect' button, same camera, the same one missing. Ive just verified the login/password combinations, no aparent errors on iCamSource side of things.

iCamWeb is showing only one camera, too.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2010, 01:48:52 PM »
If you want to visit http://whatismyipaddress.com and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your computer's external IP address is we can confirm that both iCamSources are connecting to the server with the same iCam Login and Password combination. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

swaghorn

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2010, 07:35:06 PM »
Was having same issues as Dean (and others) (iCamSource 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 on new macmini w/snow leopard, iCam 2.0 beta on iPhone 4 4.0.1, 2 cameras: isight and Lifecam HD-5001) Can confirm that trashing old prefs file (user/Library/Preferences/com.skjm.icamsource.plist)  has made it all good so far. (Thanks, Dean)

I also get the squish on the HD-5001 (16:9 camera) Maybe just a "letter boxing" option for each camera would help?

Great work, guys!

I have 6 Cameras at 2 locations (4 on an iMac & 2 on Windows PC) all working beautifully on iCam Source 2.0 & 2.03 BETA!! Problem is that on iCam l can only see 4 cameras at a time on either my iPhone or iPad. I see in your message you are running iCam 2.0 Beta. Where do we get that from and how can l install it on my iPad/iPhone via iTunes?

Cheers
Sue

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2010, 08:52:41 PM »
There might be a link on here for the beta version of the iCam app. However, they have already submitted the iCam 2 app to Apple for approval. You should be able to update through iTunes or App store (on phone) within a few days or a week.

GaryW

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2010, 06:15:37 AM »
Playing with the Windows version of iCamSource 2.0

Whenever I plug in a 3rd USB webcam and try to set it up using iCamSource, I get the blue screen of death.  Tried with 2 different cams and get the same result.  I'll wait for the release version of iCamSource and go back to multiple running of V1.4.2.6

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2010, 12:16:54 PM »
swaghorn & OUAnthony - Yes, iCam 2.0 has been in review for a week with Apple ... Hopefully we'll hear something from them soon.

GaryW - Are you able to connect to 3 USB webcams using three separate 1.4.2.6 instances? I wonder if your computer isn't able to handle all 3 webcams becoming active at the same time ... What if you choose the No Audio option for the cameras in the 2.0 BETA?