Author Topic: iCamSource 2.0 BETA  (Read 66896 times)

leeway99

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.0 BETA
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 07:49:32 PM »
Hi all,

I have installed iCamSource 2.0 for windows, It looks great.

But I can't connet using iPhone. The Error message is

"No Sources Found"

"There are currently no running iCamSources associated with your

exiting login and password"

I check my login and password, there are no error. UPNP work well and shows port 12000:12000.

Webcam also works, I cam see my image in the iCamSource windows. But I just can't connect by using iCam.

does iCam need to update to iCam 2.0 beta for iCamSource?

And I have some suggestion for iCamSource:

1.   Schedule now only support ON/OFF push notification and motion detection. Can add the ability to turn ON/OFF camera in schedule?

2.   It will be so great to turn ON/OFF camera using iCam so I can turn off iCamsource without opening my PC when I get home.

3.   PTZ please. iCam is one of the nice surveillance app on iPhone. If add PTZ function, It will be the best! I do pay another $10 just for this function.

Thanks!

PS: I have tried WiFi, 3G, iCam Web, all the same result and error message.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 08:09:20 PM by leeway99 »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 09:55:05 PM »
leeway99 - Thanks for helping with the Beta test.  iCam doesn't need to be updated to iCam 2.0 Beta.

Please send an email to support@skjm.com with your computer's external IP address and the iPhone's external IP address.

To get the iPhone's IP address, launch the iCam app on your iPhone and let it connect for 10 seconds or so.  Then immediately go to http://whatismyip.com in your iPhone's web browser to get the IP address your iPhone is using at that moment.

To get the computer's IP address, go to http://whatismyip.com in your computer's web browser.

Please mention that you are testing the Windows iCamSource 2.0 Beta in your email.

Delish

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 06:42:06 AM »
Our status of testing so far with iCamSource 2.0.3 for mac with 2 iphones and a ipad.
iCam works fine with 6 cameras, 5 usb and 1 firewire (old i-fire unibrain)

Wrong aspect ratios is the biggest annoyance, we got 2 new usb webcams that uses 720p HD resolution, and both get a stretched image. Would it be much work to keep the image aspect ratio like it works on regular videoes on iOS devices? (with a icon to zoom to no black borders)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 11:05:15 AM »
Delish - What are the make and model of the webcams you are using?

Delish

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 01:47:35 PM »
The cameras that gives a streched image are Microsoft LifeCam Cinema and a Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD, both uses 1280x720 resolution.
the other cameras are 2 internal iSight, a old Phillips ToUcam pro ( macam driver) and unibrain i-fire (firewire).

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 04:07:24 PM »
Thanks ... We'll have to discuss the best way to handle (both in iCam and the iCamSource) cameras with different aspect ratios. (Or at least 16:9 ones.)

ajplante

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2010, 10:37:49 PM »
I had the beta installed on my Mac but when I attempt to add two USB cameras (one being the built in iSight) the program will only initialize one camera. It seems to be whichever one is in the first spot. It doesn't throw any errors but one just wont turn on and the display will show a frozen picture from the active camera when I click on it with the feed started. It simply doesn't show the non operational camera on the iphone. It works fine if I use two instances of 1.4.2.5.

ajplante

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
2.   It will be so great to turn ON/OFF camera using iCam so I can turn off iCamsource without opening my PC when I get home.
I second that. I don't want to leave my webcam active with this program all the time because sometimes I like to use it for video chat. But I also don't want to have to remember to start the feed every time I leave the house. Would be great if I could just switch my feeds on and off from the iPhone app.

heuveljoram

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2010, 05:26:22 AM »
Hi all,
I have installed iCamSource 2.0 for windows, It looks great.
But I can't connet using iPhone. The Error message is
"No Sources Found"
"There are currently no running iCamSources associated with your
exiting login and password"
I check my login and password, there are no error. UPNP work well and shows port 12000:12000.
Webcam also works, I cam see my image in the iCamSource windows. But I just can't connect by using iCam.
does iCam need to update to iCam 2.0 beta for iCamSource?
And I have some suggestion for iCamSource:
1.   Schedule now only support ON/OFF push notification and motion detection. Can add the ability to turn ON/OFF camera in schedule?
3.   PTZ please. iCam is one of the nice surveillance app on iPhone. If add PTZ function, It will be the best! I do pay another $10 just for this function.
Thanks!
PS: I have tried WiFi, 3G, iCam Web, all the same result and error message.

I have the same problem. is there a solution yet?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2010, 09:23:59 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, guys! :) We tried and replicate the "two USB cameras, but only one works" issue on our own hardware but were unable to. What type of Mac (iMac, MacBook, etc.) are you using? Have you tried unplugging any other USB devices from it or switching the ports that the webcams are plugged into? What if you choose "No Audio" for the Audio drop-downs? What are the make and model of the webcams?

As for the 16:9 image, we will probably letterbox it, yes ... Although theoretically when zoomed in it should be able to be seen full-screen on an iPhone and letter boxed on an iPad. Standard 4:3 aspect images fill the entire screen on the iPad with iCam 2.0 ... We'll just need to make the appropriate changes in the iCamSource to letterbox it. (This is why the layout had to be different for the 4:3 iPad when moving from the 16:9 iPhone / iPod touch.)

heuveljoram - There are two potential causes for the No Sources Found error:

1) The login and password on the iCamSource and iCam do not match. (Please note that they are both case sensitive.)
2) The iCamSource on your computer is unable to communicate with the iCam Broker Server.

If you have made sure that your computer's firewall software is "allowing" the iCamSource to communicate with the Internet, then the next step is to go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your computer and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your computer's external IP address is so that we can further troubleshoot the problem.

Scoobydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2010, 06:49:22 AM »
Im using the lastest beta on Windows 7 64bit and its working great.

One thing though when I autostart the program by placing it into the startup folder and I use the 'Start minimized option' the program does load up on startup of the PC but the program doesnt auto minimize to the system tray which would be very useful, it loads to the taskbar instead.

If I press the 'X' on the program window then the program does minimize to the system tray and not the taskbar.

I would like the program to automatically minimize to the system tray on loadup instead of it being put into the taskbar.
Could this be implemented?.

Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2010, 10:49:05 AM »
If you check the Auto Start checkbox in the iCamSource Preferences window it should be hidden automatically when the iCamSource starts.

JohnAlex731

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2010, 01:26:23 PM »
Using MAcPro, with a microsoft Lifecam hd 5001, it sees that the cam is attached, but no video. Also same problem on my mac mini. Recognizes same cam plus an xbox cam, but only xbox cam gets video

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2010, 02:57:20 PM »
Are you plugging the Lifecam directly into your computer and not into the keyboard USB port or a USB hub or externsion cable? Does the Lifecam work with other webcam applications such as Photo Booth, iChat, or Skype?

Scoobydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2010, 04:36:01 AM »
If you check the Auto Start checkbox in the iCamSource Preferences window it should be hidden automatically when the iCamSource starts.

That worked great, thanks for the quick update.