Author Topic: iCamSource 2.0 BETA  (Read 66892 times)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.0 BETA
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »
Depends on your definition of "soon" :)

I'm currently working on the Windows version of iCamSource.  We usually develop the Mac version first, then make the Windows version to mimic the layout and functionality of the Mac version.  Most updates are minor, so the Windows changes are done a day or so after the Mac changes.  This update is a major one, so the Windows version will be available a few weeks after the Mac version.  I'm still in development, so I'm not sure when it'll be ready for testing.  My best guess is a week or two (if everything goes smoothly).

iJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 04:26:32 AM »
I do not get a video preview with either 2.0 or 2.0.1

???

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »
Is that when you just have one of your webcams connected to your computer, or both of them?

iJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 08:05:01 PM »
This will happen with only 1 camera connected. I just get a white preview screen

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 07:32:48 AM »
This will happen with only 1 camera connected. I just get a white preview screen

I got that too, try to fiddle with it. Try things like quiting iCamSource, unplug camera, start iCam, plug in camera... etc.

The beta 2.0.1 seems great, but it crashes pretty often for me, can't quite narrow down why, but it seems to be that when there is alot of motion on either camera it fails.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 10:52:44 AM »
Dean - If the iCamSource BETA is crashing on you, can you e-mail any iCamSource crash logs that you find in Library / Logs / CrashReporter in your home folder that start with "iCamSource" to support@skjm.com? Any crash logs should help us narrow down the cause of your crash problem.

Thanks! :)

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 12:09:45 PM »
Dean - If the iCamSource BETA is crashing on you, can you e-mail any iCamSource crash logs that you find in Library / Logs / CrashReporter in your home folder that start with "iCamSource" to support@skjm.com? Any crash logs should help us narrow down the cause of your crash problem.

Thanks! :)

Sent!

Also, I'm having some trouble configuring a IP camera with the 2.0.1 Beta... It works in the standard non beta version, but when I try it with the same settings on the beta, it just keeps a still frame of on of my other USB cams...

leeway99

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 05:45:59 AM »
When will the icamsource 2.0 beta for Windows release?
I can't wait any longer~
thanks!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 03:46:23 PM »
From the above posts, it sounds like they have some wrinkles to iron out...so you might want to wait. :)

leeway99

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 04:18:51 AM »
Two week  passed.

Still waiting iCamsource 2.0 for Windows~

Any news about it ?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 11:46:58 AM »
The Windows version of the iCamSource 2.0 BETA has unfortunately taken more time than expected, but we are on track to releasing it sometime next week.

Thank you for your continued patience! :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 04:09:27 PM »
Dean - We have a new version of the Mac version of the iCamSource (2.0.2 BETA) that may fix your crashing issue: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.0.2.dmg

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 07:48:49 AM »
Thanks,

I'll test it out asap.

swede76

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 11:38:31 AM »
I was having the same problem as Dean, that one of my cams just freezes with the new beta.  I have tested 2.0.2 and it is still doing it.  My wireless cam works fine, but my built in iSight will not work with the new beta.  Also, the new beta disables my iSight completely so it cannot be used in any other programs as well.  If I have iCam running with the iSight configured (not working though, just frozen pic of other cam) then it won't work with Skype.  Any ideas on what is causing this? 

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 03:52:53 PM »
If you run just the BETA with the single camera (the iSight) configured, does it still lock up? What is you choose No Audio? If you unplug any USB peripherals from the Mac, does that have any effect?