Author Topic: Application hanging - or camera ? Still shows "old" video  (Read 2342 times)

CoolBlue87GT

• View Profile
I've read 18 pages deep,  haven't found a solution yet.

Problem:  With icamsource running,  after an hour or so, the video is still showing, but wave to the camera,  no response.  Move the camera,  it still shows where it was pointed.

I look on the computer screen or the iPhone,  both show same hung video.

Camera:  USB Gigaware  25-298

Computer(s): Compaq laptop,  XP  & does the same on my Acer laptop, Vista.

Tried:  Swapped camera out for a new one.  Does the same.

Ideas ?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Application hanging - or camera ? Still shows "old" video
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 04:03:03 PM »
Is the webcam plugged directly into your computer as opposed to a USB hub or router? Have you tried a different USB port on your computer? Do you have the latest drivers installed for the webcam, as well as the latest Windows Updates for your computer?

CoolBlue87GT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:23:15 PM »
Is the webcam plugged directly into your computer as opposed to a USB hub or router? Have you tried a different USB port on your computer? Do you have the latest drivers installed for the webcam, as well as the latest Windows Updates for your computer?

Yes, Plugged directly into computer usb port.  Will try all,  on both computers.

Computer software current.  Will check for camera software update.

As I was testing it, on the Compaq w/ XP, it seems when there is constant motion,  it keeps working correctly.

When I point the camera at an area without motion,  it locks up in about 30 min.

I look at the view on the computer & iPhone, they show the same image.  I move the camera,  the old image is still showing.

Still checking on the camera software.

marcb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:37:24 PM »
FWIW Im having this exact same problem with a Gigaware camera too.  I have to remote into my Win 7 workstation and manually Stop / Start to get the video stream working again.  I have the latest version of iCam, no other video app software installed, the camera is connected right to a USB port on the computer itself, etc.  The OS and drivers are current although the Gigaware video doesn't need anything other than the Windows cam driver.

Would love to see a fix for this if possible...

Thanks!