Author Topic: USB Webcam / WiFi Network IP Camera Recommendations  (Read 268502 times)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: USB Webcam / WiFi Network IP Camera Recommendations
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2015, 09:19:57 PM »
iCam supports Built-In, FireWire or USB Webcams and DV Cameras as well as select MJPEG-compatible Network IP Cameras.

According to your camera’s specifications, it supports H.264 and therefore is not compatible with iCam.

HDRider

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2016, 05:11:06 PM »
Can you recommend any cameras that I can buy on Amazon?

Captamrica

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2017, 08:46:25 AM »
Can I chime in on this with a question? I've got 2 Logitech 920 Web cams. Icam keeps deleting one informing me it deleted a duplicate when yes it is but no it is another virtually identical  cam

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2017, 09:55:11 PM »
Can I chime in on this with a question? I've got 2 Logitech 920 Web cams. Icam keeps deleting one informing me it deleted a duplicate when yes it is but no it is another virtually identical  cam

Webcams should be assigned unique hardware identifiers by the operating system, so I would attempt to make sure that if there are multiple webcams in the Video and Audio lists that are named similarly that the first camera is chosen from the Video and Audio lists for one camera and the second camera is chosen from both lists for the other camera.

artwindows

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »
I recently purchased 2   FDT 720 cameras that were Foscam originally.  Work great.. easy set up and no problems..  They have their own software too, but I use it with iCam..  the camera cannot be moved on the iCam Pro software, but I move it with the FDT software. 

My questions are: Is this something that will be corrected at some point so I can move the camera remotely with iCam software?
And:  I'm thinking about buying same camera but 1080 Res.   Will that be ok with iCam Pro as far as Cloud or local storage?  I'm thinking about getting the cloud through iCam, but currently I just have the files saved on my computer as they come in.   
Thanks.. You guys are great!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2017, 08:26:12 PM »
My questions are: Is this something that will be corrected at some point so I can move the camera remotely with iCam software?
And:  I'm thinking about buying same camera but 1080 Res.   Will that be ok with iCam Pro as far as Cloud or local storage?  I'm thinking about getting the cloud through iCam, but currently I just have the files saved on my computer as they come in.   
Thanks.. You guys are great!

Every network IP camera manufacturer implements their own mechanism for controlling cameras, so we would need to add their specific URLs / commands to the iCamSource Pro to enable pan-tilt support with those cameras.

As for the 1080 cameras, that should be fine as well with the local and cloud storage, yes.  8)