Author Topic: USB Webcam / WiFi Network IP Camera Recommendations  (Read 268510 times)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: USB Webcam / WiFi Network IP Camera Recommendations
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 05:59:15 PM »
Have you tried selecting AES for the encryption?  Also, what other choices are available for the Authentication type on the camera?

aamato

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 05:41:14 AM »
Have you tried selecting AES for the encryption?  Also, what other choices are available for the Authentication type on the camera?

Yes, I have tried AES
Those are my options:

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 11:43:06 AM »
Have you tried selecting WPA2-PSK option?

The only other thing I notice is that your camera settings say it's using channel 6, but the Airport says it's using channel 11.  Are you able to set the camera's channel to be automatic?  If not, you could try manually setting the Airport to use channel 6.

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »
Does anyone know or reccommend what the best wireless ip cameras to use for either macbook pro or windows xp desktop are?

aamato

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 03:46:09 AM »
Have you tried selecting WPA2-PSK option?

The only other thing I notice is that your camera settings say it's using channel 6, but the Airport says it's using channel 11.  Are you able to set the camera's channel to be automatic?  If not, you could try manually setting the Airport to use channel 6.

Yes, I just tried, but it does not work
Looking in the Airport log I have this:

I know the first thing to say is: easy, password error. But I tried my password and even the equivalent password I explained before, and nothing works.

Thanks

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 06:30:25 PM »
Have you tried using a very simple password, such as a number?  Have you tried it without any password (open network)?   You don't want to leave it open, I just mean temporarily for a test.

Have you tried rebooting the router?  To do that, unplug the power cable for about 10 seconds, then plug it back in.

ajselkirk

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 11:48:34 AM »
Stefan:

I bought an Ipad and Foscam FI8918W IP Camera to use as a baby monitor because Icam supported video and Audio. Is there anyway to get audio to work on my ipad or iphone? Is there another camera that does work with audio on Ipad / Iphone?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 03:35:14 PM »
Stefan:

I bought an Ipad and Foscam FI8918W IP Camera to use as a baby monitor because Icam supported video and Audio. Is there anyway to get audio to work on my ipad or iphone? Is there another camera that does work with audio on Ipad / Iphone?

The latest BETA version of the iCamSource does support audio on a few AirLink101 network IP cameras: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=1416.0

Pirkle

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »
Hi,

I just installed a D-Link 930 wireless camera to my network.  the setup was easy (with the install software you can download for the Mac from the D-Link site).

I was able to setup another instance of the iCam software on my iMac(PowerPC).  However, today when I view the new cam the images I see are a combination of live images that are interspersed with snapshots.  I'm not sure why I am getting what looks like cached images on the live feed.

Note*  I now have 2 cameras associated to iCam.  one wired via USB to my iMac and the other the DLink wireless cam on my network.
I ordered an Airlink 101 and plan to integrate it too...hoping I do not have the same issues.

When I view the MyDlink iphone app...I see the live feed with no other images and no problems.

Has anyone seen this problem and can recommend a solution?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 12:09:41 PM »
iCamSource displays what the camera sends, so there shouldn't be any caching. It's possible the camera is send over a mixture of live video and cached snapshots. Please try rebooting your camera.  To do that, unplug the power cable from the camera for about 10 seconds, then plug it back in.

rrack

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 03:30:46 PM »
Had the little one climb out of his crib last night and did a triple lindy to the floor.  Luckily we opted for the upgraded thick carpet padding and all is well.  Anyway, I've always wanted to set up icam for security reasons.  Now, I was thinking I might set it up temporarily as a nanny cam.  I was curious if anyone has attempted to use any of these generic inexpensive cameras found all over ebay or amazon...Foscam, EasyN, etc... They are reasonably prices and the specs seem good.  Just not sure if they will link up.  Any info would be great. 

Thanks much,
Robert

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Internet-Surveillance-Microphone-monitoring/dp/B003LNZ1L6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1314048055&sr=8-8

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 10:38:24 AM »
Thank you for your post.

If a camera outputs MJPEG formatted data, it'll probably work with iCamSource. From that particular cameras description it does not appear to output MJPEG formatted data.

We discuss the recommended cameras on our forum at: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=908.0

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Conrad60

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 04:35:09 PM »
I have found that cameras like the Axis 207mw -- now discontinued -- as well as other IP based wifi/ethernet cams from Axis can be set up using a mac only

connect the mac by ethernet directly to the cam's ethernet. The cam should show up in bonjour (under Safari) and can be set up by browser from there

Not sure on the Linksys.

Hi,
I just set up an Axis 207W WiFi Network IP Camera with Windows (XP) not having any problems at all.
I connected the cam (wired) to my router, looked into my router to find out the cam ip.
Then put the (new) ip address I found in my router in IE an did all the settings.
After that, I changed the Cam in wifi an put the following address in the iCamSource:
 http://192.168.xxx.xxx/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi this worked out fine  :D
So I think other os as mac will do as well.

cu
Conrad

Ianna

• View Profile
Hi
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »
Good stuff. My visitors have been asking about this, do you mind if I re-print this on my site? I will of course give full credit to this site, and I will link to you if you would like me to. Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »
Good stuff. My visitors have been asking about this, do you mind if I re-print this on my site? I will of course give full credit to this site, and I will link to you if you would like me to. Thanks.

Thank you for your post. What is your site?