Author Topic: 1 iPhone 3GS, 2 Airport Expresses  (Read 3546 times)

Snucker0

• View Profile
1 iPhone 3GS, 2 Airport Expresses
« on: May 25, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »
Problem:
The two airport expresses have their own wifi network because the ranges do not connect.
The iCam app will only show the camera that is connected to that current wifi that the phone is using.
However, when I was in town the app showed only one camera when two were on.

I have tried forwarding ports however I don't think it is working correctly. The IP address that I have to use does not start with 192. There is one located in network preference with 192 however that address does not allow me to connect to Linksys.

So the current objective is to get two of the cameras working at and away from home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 1 iPhone 3GS, 2 Airport Expresses
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:26:25 PM »
It sounds like you have 3 routers on that network: 2 AirPort Expresses and a Linksys, is that correct? If both the AirPort Expresses are connecting to a Linksys router then they should both be in Bridge mode instead of sharing an internet connection.

(Select Manual Setup for the router in the AirPort Utility application, then choose the Internet tab and set the Connection Sharing option to Off (Bridge Mode) instead of Share a public IP address.)

Snucker0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.  :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:50:24 PM »
You are most welcome. :)

Csalbrecht

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 09:58:06 PM »
Hey how well does that work for you? I've been thinking about buying a couple airport express stations just for icam. You are using OSX correct? Did the webcams plug into the airport and work? If so what kind of cams did you get?

Snucker0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »
Hey! Sorry I haven't responded sooner. It works well. I don't think the airport express stations are necessary to have the icam work though. Any wireless setup will work just fine. I would rather have an antenna on the top of my house that gives me a broader wireless range. The cameras that I use are built into me computer. The only thing that is plugged into the airport is an ethernet cord. Hope this helps.