Author Topic: IP CAMS FREEZING  (Read 3633 times)

captual

• View Profile
IP CAMS FREEZING
« on: May 23, 2010, 06:37:22 PM »
I have 3 LOREX LNE3003 IP cams. Router is an Apple time capsul (no security wep). Running Windows XP.  If I use icam source for morre than approx 24 hours, for either 1, 2 or thrree of the cams, they start to "Freeze" . Turning on/off cams or even restarting computer does not fix the cams. The cams themselves are Freezing on a frame and can only be started again by removing cam power. IF I DO NOT run Icam source, then the cams Never freeze up regardless of how long they run. The cams are set to jpg. They run great as long as I do not run icam source for more than about 20 hourrs?  I'm lost...anyone with ideas?
 I'm using beta 1.4.2.5
Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: IP CAMS FREEZING
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 09:39:54 PM »
From the camera's product description it does look like they support MJPEG as well ... I would try to find a Lorex URL that works as an MJPEG URL instead of JPEG and hopefully you won't have these connection problems.

MJPEG is a series of images streamed within a single connection, whereas the JPEG URLs are single images, requiring constant re-connection to get the latest updated frame. I do know that some cameras (like the Linksys WVC54GA) act better when you use an MJPEG URL as opposed to JPEG. As a matter a fact, our WVC54GA does the same thing with a JPEG URL ... It freezes up after a while. It probably just doesn't like so many connections being made of it. Most likely an issue with the camera's firmware.

captual

• View Profile
Re: IP CAMS FREEZING
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:38:05 AM »
From the camera's product description it does look like they support MJPEG as well ... I would try to find a Lorex URL that works as an MJPEG URL instead of JPEG and hopefully you won't have these connection problems.

MJPEG is a series of images streamed within a single connection, whereas the JPEG URLs are single images, requiring constant re-connection to get the latest updated frame. I do know that some cameras (like the Linksys WVC54GA) act better when you use an MJPEG URL as opposed to JPEG. As a matter a fact, our WVC54GA does the same thing with a JPEG URL ... It freezes up after a while. It probably just doesn't like so many connections being made of it. Most likely an issue with the camera's firmware.

The only URL I can get to work is http://10.0.1.4/jpg/image.jpg .  However I switched iCameSource Preferences to MJPEG setting and also switched the "Digiviewer" program in the cam to "Play" which it seems is MJEP streaming? So far no freezing afte 36 hours....will advise... Thanks for the help.

Update 05/28/10: All three LOREX LNE3003 cams do freeze from time to time regardless of what settings I use. After contacting LOREX and leaving three messeges for the tech. and No return call, I can assume they are not interested in fixing the problem. I do Not think it is an "iCam" problem.
Case closed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:25:01 AM by captual »