Author Topic: Can't connect via 3G/EDGE!  (Read 3143 times)

adamtt

• View Profile
Can't connect via 3G/EDGE!
« on: May 16, 2010, 08:54:38 PM »
Hi there,

I was just wondering if you guys could help me out on this one please?
I am able to view my camera when connecting via Wifi but not otherwise!
I'm using an iPhone 3GS on a Vodafone contract, my ISP is Be Broadband.
Hardware: Thomson TG585v7
DynIP: 94.192.243.181

I have forwarded the 12000-12100 port to my main computer but without any luck! When I enable the port-forwarding feature in iCam Source I am UNABLE to connect whether on Wifi or 3G/EDGE!

Please help! Cheers!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't connect via 3G/EDGE!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 01:41:38 AM »
I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link on the computer running iCamSource...

http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12000

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12000 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer. If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is open. If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

adamtt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 05:37:46 AM »
Yup! It's blocked! Hmm.. Weird tho, cos I've got some other programs that needs portforwarding aswell and they seem to work fine.. I'm on Win7 x64 Pro and using only MSE. I've checked Windows' firewall but iCam's already on the list..

Any suggestions?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 06:16:28 PM »
Do you have another firewall program? Maybe one wrapped in with your antivirus? And did you assign your computer a static IP and forward the UDP ports to the correct static IP address?

adamtt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 06:57:56 PM »
No, I've only got MS Essentials installed.. But I've actually managed to open the port now.. Not quite sure what really did it to be honest but here's some of the things I've done..

• Enabled dyndns on the router
• Disabled DHCP
• Disabled uPnP on the router
• and a few other things which I don't remember atm.. ^^

But thanks alot to both of you guys anyways! :D

If anyone else should come across my problem (with the same modem/router etc..), don't hesitate to ask me and I'll try to walk you thru what I did..

iCam rox! Peace!