Author Topic: UDP connection error  (Read 9802 times)

Jim

• View Profile
UDP connection error
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:07:12 AM »
I've had icam installed for sometime now, and since today i keep getting an error that says my network is blocking udp connections.  I have not made any network changes at all. How can i fix it to connect?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: UDP connection error
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 10:25:34 AM »
Jim - The iCam Broker Server was temporarily offline this morning due to an issue with our Internet Service Provider, but service has since been restored.

We will be taking steps today to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

If you are still experiencing any connectivity issues, please let us know.

Thanks! :)

etaxero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:12:21 AM »
I am now receiving this error after updating to the most recent version on both my computer and iphone... It was working perfectly before the update but I guess it could still be on my end...

4cam244

• View Profile
Re: UDP connection error - broker server - really?
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 03:14:29 AM »
How can the problem be the icam broker server when I can connect via wifi on my iphone but not via 3G. Further, I can connect via icamweb.
I used version 1 on my phone just minutes before I upgraded to 1.1 and it worked just fine. As soon as I upgraded to 1.1 and tried
to connect via 3G ... nuttin'. I toggled on wifi and connected to my local network and all cams displayed immediately. So... wazzup?
It sure seems as though a 1.1 app issue rather than a server issue.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 06:18:15 AM »
etaxero - Have you tried connecting both via 3G/EDGE and WiFi, if available? If so, do you get the error when connecting either way?

4cam244 - If you are getting the Broker Connection Error when attempting to connect via 3G/EDGE then your wireless provider might now be allowing you to send UDP packets to the iCam Broker Server. That would be why you are getting that message. If you were able to connect via 3G before updating to 1.1, then I'm not sure what the issue is. Are you getting a Broker Connection Error when connection via 3G or a Source Connection Error? Either way, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and e-mail what it says your external IP address is to support@skjm.com we can continue troubleshooting things from there. (Please reference your forum user name or this forum post in your e-mail.)

elepski

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 06:31:57 AM »
I am getting the same UDP error since my upgrade... on both 3g and wifi

I am trying a few things now.. we will see
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 06:37:32 AM by elepski »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 06:46:46 AM »
elepski - Who is your mobile provider? Could you also go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and e-mail what it says your external IP address is to support@skjm.com so that we can continue troubleshooting things further. (Please reference your forum user name or this forum post in your e-mail.)

Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »
Working all good yesterday wifi amd 3g/edge on 1.0 software. I updated this morning and got the udp error on 3g. wifi seem to work fine but from the local wifi network. Im at work now tried to log on with a wifi connection which was working with 1.0 software. and now im getting the error even with the wifi. (upd broken.)

I dont believe its our ISP or our mobile carriers. if your servers went down, could it be that something was reset? maybe to a default and not to the setup you had before ?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 07:55:29 AM »
Alex - Could you also go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and e-mail what it says your external IP address is to support@skjm.com so that we can continue troubleshooting things further. (Please reference your forum user name or this forum post in your e-mail.)

Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 08:23:47 AM »
i WILL DO THIS WHEN I RETURN HOME FROM WORK 5PM EST

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 09:17:04 AM »
UPDATE - We were able to reproduce the Broker Connection Error problem when connecting to one of the users experiencing this issue, so we are now investigating further.

Thank you all for your patience.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 09:58:58 AM »
UPDATE #2 - We believe we have traced this back to a change we added at the last minute in the iCamSource.

If you are experiencing this problem you could try downloading this previous build of the iCamSource 1.1 from the following link to see if that fixes your problem: http://skjm.com/icam/1.1/

Thank you all again for your patience.

kendal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 10:06:16 AM »
Having Same problem, just sent you the IP and a detail of my issues.  :(

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 12:03:42 PM »
UPDATE #3 - We have released a new version 1.1.1 of the iCamSource for Mac OS X that should hopefully fix this issue. We are working on the Windows build now and should have it released shortly.

Please let us know if the new version fixes this Broker Connection Error issue.

Thanks again for your continued patience. :)

captual

• View Profile
Re: UDP connection error - broker server - really?
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »
How can the problem be the icam broker server when I can connect via wifi on my iphone but not via 3G. Further, I can connect via icamweb.
I used version 1 on my phone just minutes before I upgraded to 1.1 and it worked just fine. As soon as I upgraded to 1.1 and tried
to connect via 3G ... nuttin'. I toggled on wifi and connected to my local network and all cams displayed immediately. So... wazzup?
It sure seems as though a 1.1 app issue rather than a server issue.

I too am now getting Broker Connection Error after upgrade to 1.1  .  Works fine on wifi but not 3g or edge. Tried to use different server on laptop with cam but no help.  Have ATT for iphone.  All software is up to date, good signal etc. Using windows XP on all three computers.

Update: 1200 PST:  iCamSource update for Window XP & Vista 1.1.1 Fixed Broker Connection Error.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:11:17 PM by captual »