Author Topic: Pixelization on old Intel USB CS330 camera  (Read 4183 times)

PacketBoy

• View Profile
Pixelization on old Intel USB CS330 camera
« on: February 10, 2009, 09:09:03 PM »
I get a pretty good image from this old camera on other programs but for some reason the image is very pixelated in iCam Source.

Any thoughts?

XP SP3
Driver 6.0.0.37

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pixelization on old Intel USB CS330 camera
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 02:24:54 AM »
You're right, that's much more pixelated than it should be.  I'd expect a certain amount of pixelation on a 320x240 input because it'd be stretched to fit in the iCamSource window, but that doesn't explain the amount of pixelation you're seeing.

Are the images displayed on your iPhone pixelated this badly?

Are you running any other programs that would use this webcam at the same time iCamSource is using it?  It looks like iCamSource is getting a low resolution output from your webcam.  This may be explained if another program is using the high resolution output and locking iCamSource out from using it at the same time.

PacketBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 05:29:37 AM »
Jay,

Thanx! Nothing else is using webcam.  Picture looks the same on iPhone, hard to make out any detail at all.  I can't find any settings for resolution in iCam Source.  Have I missed something really basic?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 11:21:58 AM »
No, there aren't any resolution settings in iCamSource.  iCamSource gets the default video output from the webcam, but for some reason, it's getting a low res version from your camera.

You mentioned in your first post that the image looks fine in other programs.  What programs have you tried with your webcam?  Have you tried any of the well-known video chat programs, such as Skype (or any other non-Intel program)?  Have you seen any image display problems with any of the other programs you've used?

PacketBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 08:01:49 AM »
Image looks great in latest version of Skype with no pixelization at all.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »
That indicates that the problem is with the iCamSource program, not your webcam or drivers.  Currently, iCamSource gets the default video input from the Windows operating system.  Yours is the first case we've heard of where it got a lower resolution version instead of the full resolution.

To track down this issue, I'd like you to try running a test version of iCamSource.  Please send an email to support@skjm.com and refer to this forum thread. 

PacketBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 07:34:28 PM »
eMail sent.

Thanx again.