Author Topic: "No Sources Found"  (Read 4074 times)

Henvil

• View Profile
"No Sources Found"
« on: April 18, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »
Hello there, I discovered this app. 2 days ago and decided to try it out.

Now my problem is, that I got the ICam Source running on my laptop (with an in-built webcam)

But when I open the ICam app. on my iPod Touch it says "No Sources Found", and I have checked for spelling several times

I tried using the iCamWeb and interesting enough its working there, so I can't seem to figure out what the problem is..

Any help would be apreciated, seems like such a great app.

- Henvil

fiestygaffer

• View Profile
Re: "No Sources Found"
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »
I have the same problem. How do you load I Cam web?

Henvil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »
You go to http://skjm.com/icam/web/
and then you enter the login and password of your iCam source (you webcam)
plus you enter the 2 letters to ensure you are not a bot

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 04:03:13 PM »
If it's working in iCamWeb, but you're getting "No Sources Found" on the iPod, it sounds like the login and/or password are mis-typed on the iPod.  You can try using a simple login and password temporarily to see if you can get it working.  Don't leave the login/password simple for long, because you want to have a login/password that other people can't guess easily.

If you still aren't able to get it to connect, please email the external IP address of the computer running iCamSource to support@skjm.com.  To get the external IP, go to http://whatismyip.com in your computer's web browser.

kirshley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 01:57:25 AM »
Hello there, I discovered this app. 2 days ago and decided to try it out.

Now my problem is, that I got the ICam Source running on my laptop (with an in-built webcam)

But when I open the ICam app. on my iPod Touch it says "No Sources Found", and I have checked for spelling several times

I tried using the iCamWeb and interesting enough its working there, so I can't seem to figure out what the problem is..

Any help would be apreciated, seems like such a great app.

- Henvil

i bought this app last week from applestore and since this sunday i have this problem too. Last week i have used the icam app very well but yesterday and today i have the same error " no source detected" i dont change my user and my password in my iPod. Its the same login as the last week and today in my work i try to connect to see my house and the error has appeared to my surprise. However, if i try to connect via icam web with the same login i can see my cam.
The other problems I had with the icam source and icam app were that the icam app will not download from applstore but last week i bought in applestore becouse this is a great app but i have a question. Is stable the server for the proper functioning of the app?
Thanks for your help

Grumpa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 06:17:04 AM »
Greetings.
For what it is worth ... I did two things that completely stopped any instance of "no sources detected", and iCamSource crashes.  I installed v1.4.2.5beta, and manually configured port forwarding on each of my webcams.  Now, I can't tell you one, or both, or neither did the trick, but something really worked!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 11:41:20 AM »
kirshley - The No Sources Found message means that your phone was able to communicate successfully with the server, but the server didn't have any iCamSources connected for that account at that moment.  It generally indicates a problem with the login/password or an iCamSource issue (crashing or blocked network traffic). 

kirshley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 02:06:47 AM »
kirshley - The No Sources Found message means that your phone was able to communicate successfully with the server, but the server didn't have any iCamSources connected for that account at that moment.  It generally indicates a problem with the login/password or an iCamSource issue (crashing or blocked network traffic). 
The problem is already solved. The solution was to stop the source Icam and on again. Everything works properly. Every day I am happier with this program
Thanks

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 12:50:09 PM »
I'm glad it's working for you  :)

If the problem returns, please let me know.