Author Topic: [FEATURE REQUEST] Alert on Audio Detection  (Read 3221 times)

ninermac

• View Profile
[FEATURE REQUEST] Alert on Audio Detection
« on: March 29, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
I recently bought iCam to use for baby monitoring.  The motion detection seems to be sensitive enough for this, but what would put this over the top is to be able to push alerts based on sound, i.e. crying in my case.  From a security perspective, this might be helpful too as the camera might not have a view of what's going on, but you could still listen in.

perhaps an option to alert on either motion or sound, perhaps listen/look for both, etc.

Great app you have here, btw.  For anyone who might read this and you want a wireless camera you can use with iCam that has sound... check out the Bambino.  It has a wireless usb dongle, so to your remote PC it's just another USB web cam with audio...

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Alert on Audio Detection
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:18:19 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  Other users have requested ability to detect audio, and it's definitely a feature we would consider adding to iCam in the future.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Bambino as well.

lennon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
I second that request. This would be a very good feature to have. I am also looking to use iCam for a baby monitor...

stormyseasailor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 03:41:05 PM »
I second that request. This would be a very good feature to have. I am also looking to use iCam for a baby monitor...

This is also a feature that I would like to have.