Author Topic: icamsource preview video doesn't fill window, leaves gray border  (Read 2723 times)

weCam

• View Profile
This is a relatively minor annoyance. I've attached a screenshot. I have 4 IP cameras and one webcam hooked up. The video preview for each of my cameras has a grey border on two sides as in the attached example. Anyone know the fix for this?
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the icamsource however nothing changed, but it appears that all of my settings were preserved as I did not have to re-enter all of the address info for each of my cams after the reinstallation.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: icamsource preview video doesn't fill window, leaves gray border
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »
Do all five cameras do that, or just the IP cameras? What resolution are the IP cameras configured to output (in the IP camera settings)?

weCam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:02:40 PM »
All four webcams (one D-Link, one Wansview, and two Foscams) and the webcam (MS Lifecam VX-3000) are all set to 640x480.
I would be willing to reinstall the icamsource and start all over again, but when I tried to do this, I found that all of the settings had been retained.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 01:07:59 AM »
Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.

weCam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »
I just did as you suggested, however, this time I only connected the IP cams, not the webcam, thinking the webcam might be an issue, but I have the same problem with the partial grey border. Do you have any other ideas?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 12:30:45 AM »
Do you have any third party imaging encoding software installed, such as ffdshow?