Author Topic: iCam XL? iPad iCam?  (Read 15592 times)

smitha96

• View Profile
iCam XL? iPad iCam?
« on: March 26, 2010, 02:57:21 PM »
Hi, any plans to create a version for the iPad?

And for the users out there, what would you want to see in an iPad version of the app?

Just curious,
Alex

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam XL? iPad iCam?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 05:36:05 PM »
We're interested in developing for the iPad, but we don't have any concrete plans for iPad specific features for iCam.  We'll probably support the iPad's native resolution so that it won't be stretched out and pixelated to fit in the iPad screen.  That hasn't been developed yet, so it may not be available on the first day iPads are delivered.

We'll need to get an idea of how many iPad users we have before we can decide how much effort to put into iPad specific development.

LabradorNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 01:45:15 PM »
+1

Ability to have more than 4 cams in the window might be cool too.

hoodedcrow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 10:15:42 PM »
We're interested in developing for the iPad, but we don't have any concrete plans for iPad specific features for iCam.  We'll probably support the iPad's native resolution so that it won't be stretched out and pixelated to fit in the iPad screen.  That hasn't been developed yet, so it may not be available on the first day iPads are delivered.

We'll need to get an idea of how many iPad users we have before we can decide how much effort to put into iPad specific development.

Not sure how you are counting people up, but, I would just like to see it ported over with the native resolution, not an iphone, or itouch owner. Pre-ordered an iPad.  I only have two webcams running, would not expand more than 1 more, so four is fine with me. More interested in alerts.  With OS 4.0 coming with multitasking, this makes this a much more useful app.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 08:21:07 PM »
iCam would be amazing on the iPad.  I have not gotten one yet but I played with one this morning at the apple store and its increĆ­ble.

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 09:05:02 PM »
Id also really like to see this happen, at least what with we have on the iPhone but with hi-res graphics. iCam is one of my most used apps. One stipulation, please make it a universal app...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »
We made some minor changes to iSpy Cameras in order to optimize it for iPad, submitted it today and it was approved within less than 2 hours (absolutely mind-boggling since it used to take up to two weeks to hear a response) so we will probably start discussing how best to bring iCam to the iPad as well. :)

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 10:08:50 PM »
GREAT!!!

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 06:49:35 PM »
Would love to see this on the iPad.  I would gladly kick some more money towards this app if it supported iPad navigation, supported audio for live camera feeds, PTZ controls, etc.

There is going to be more interest in surveillance apps for iPad because of the larger screen, so hopefully iCam is the best one out there!

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
? It has audio for live cams?

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 08:51:24 AM »
? It has audio for live cams?

Not currently but it would be a nice feature.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »
oh, you mean for ip cams. right :)

swaghorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
I am planning to get an iPad as soon as they are available in Australia, so put me down for a DEFINITE purchase of the iPad version of the app...

hoodedcrow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »
We made some minor changes to iSpy Cameras in order to optimize it for iPad, submitted it today and it was approved within less than 2 hours (absolutely mind-boggling since it used to take up to two weeks to hear a response) so we will probably start discussing how best to bring iCam to the iPad as well. :)

Hi, do you an idea when you might release icam for the iPad? From the above, I see it is in the queue.  I am after the native resolution for the iPad more than anything. Just don't want to buy the iPhone/iTouch version, I don't own either, and then have to buy the iPad release.  thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 11:14:26 AM »
We don't have a definite date in mind, as we are going to be working on the next major update to the iCamSource first.