Author Topic: 2 USB cams, 1 Mac Mini Server  (Read 2983 times)

Dyslee

• View Profile
2 USB cams, 1 Mac Mini Server
« on: March 24, 2010, 04:16:18 PM »
Hey guys great app!

I read through a good amount of the posts dating back to january that may have solved my problems but the only post close to my issue the OP didnt respond and looks like the post is dead.

I have:
1 Airport connected to a TWC Road Runner modem.
2 logitech C600 USB web cams
1 MacMini Server running mac OSX Server 10.6.2 completely updated

I have absolutely no problems with just one iCamsource running. Can connect over wifi and 3g

When I connect the other c600 and load another icamsource... I cannot connect 3g or wifi.
I can see images on both iCamsource windows... Window 1 for camera 1, and window 2 for camera 2. I cannot change the drop down for audio to no audio and I can only toggle video sources.

If I disconnect the second camera and quit both iCamsource and reload 1, everything runs fine again.

Thanks for any help!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2 USB cams, 1 Mac Mini Server
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:11:10 AM »
Are the Logitech cameras plugged directly into the computer, or are they plugged into a USB hub or extension cable?

If you only have one camera plugged in, does the "No Audio" entry show up in the Audio drop-down list?

Dyslee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 11:23:34 AM »
Yes they are directly plugged into the mac mini and yes the audio drop down option is available when only one camera is connected. Sorry was in a rush last night and thought I mentioned that. Thanks for the quick response.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 04:27:41 PM »
If you have both cameras connected, but you only run one iCamSource, does the "No Audio" entry show up?

What happens if you plug in one camera, run iCamSource and select "No Audio" (and Start), then plug in the second camera and run iCamSource?  Does "No Audio" show up in the list on the second iCamSource?

What are the entries that you see in the Audio drop-down list and the Video drop-down list?  (other than "No Audio")

When both cameras are connected to the computer, are yo able to view them in other programs simultaneously?  For example, can you open one camera in iChat and the other camera in Photobooth and have them work properly?

Do you have another Mac or another webcam available to test with?