Author Topic: new icamsource crash on XP machine  (Read 2805 times)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
new icamsource crash on XP machine
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:59:12 AM »
I'm running Windows XP (SP3 with all current updates installed). I installed the new icamsource, and had 2 instances running...one with an IP mjpeg source, and one with a blank manycam source combined with a microphone source from my computer's sound card. On my phone, I accessed the motion events for the IP camera and attempted to use the delete all motion events feature. I'm not sure if that's what caused the crash or not, but the icamsource with the IP camera feed crashed pretty much immediately after attempting to delete all motion events. The other icamsource (with the audio and blank image) continued to function normally. On my phone, I obviously lost the ability to view the IP camera since the icamsource feeding it had crashed. Upon crashing, it asked to send an error report to Microsoft...I copied and pasted what I could from the error report in case it might help you:

AppName: icamsource.exe      AppVer: 0.0.0.0     AppStamp:4ba7f44d
ModName: kernel32.dll      ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781      ModStamp:49c4f482
fDebug: 0       Offset: 000024f2

It's not a huge deal for me, as I can remote into my system from anywhere with my phone and restart the icamsource...but I was thinking it would be awesome if you had a tiny extra program running in tandem with icamsource that would detect if icamsource had crashed/stopped/etc and would automatically restart it. Maybe have a simple GUI or something where we could type in the command lines for all instances of icamsource that we want running. Just thinking outloud!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: new icamsource crash on XP machine
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 06:17:15 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, OUAnthony. :)

When you restarted the iCamSource were all of the Motion Events deleted for that iCamSource?

If you could confirm whether or not deleting all of the motion events on the IP camera source caused the crash we can try and reproduce the problem and then release a fix for it.

Thanks again!  ;D

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 06:46:19 AM »
Hmmm, once I had some more motion events saved, I used the iCam app on my phone to delete all motion events, and no crash this time. I have accessed both sources (the IP cam and the audio source) and no crash. Maybe it was a one-time thing. Before doing that testing, I did verify that, despite the crash of icamsource earlier, it did manage to delete all motion events. At this point, I'm not sure what caused the crash. I'll play with it some and test a few variables. If I find anything specific or have any further crashes, I'll report back. I love your app!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 07:06:12 AM »
Thank you for the update. Please let me know what you discover, and thanks again for the great positive feedback. :)