Author Topic: iCam 1.3.1 is Now Available in the App Store!  (Read 16421 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
iCam 1.3.1 is Now Available in the App Store!
« on: March 22, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »
We are pleased to announce that iCam 1.3.1 is now available for download in the App Store!

What's New in This Version:

- Improved "zero-config" connection logic.
- Optionally display an iCamSource's description, date, and time stamp when zoomed in.
- Added the ability to Delete All Motion Events.
- Push on Motion is now included standard at no additional charge.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.

If for some reason after you update both iCam and the iCamSource (to version 1.4.2) and you are suddenly unable to connect, let us know, and then try reverting back to the previous version of the iCamSource:

http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource1.4.dmg - Mac OS X
http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup1.4.1.exe - Windows

We had a number of beta users test out the new connection logic before releasing it, but you can never test all possible configurations before releasing a product. If you let us know at support@skjm.com that the new version is not working for you we can determine what the issue is and hopefully get you back on track with the latest and greatest.  ;)

Thanks!  :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:40:22 PM by Stefan »

viop-ninja

• View Profile
Re: iCam 1.3.1 is Now Available in the App Store!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
I got the client installed but have not updated the icamsource.  Everything appears to be working, but I'm guessing I would need to update icamsource in order to be able to define a specific camera name, etc, to display in iCam?

I was also curious if the overhead is lower for the new version.  I've noticed iCamsource consuming over 50MB of RAM in some cases and a decent amount of CPU.  This doesn't seem like much but I run multiple instances of iCamsource on a low power home server and every bit counts!

I appreciate the work you guys are putting into this application.  I would still say that it would be great if you could put PTZ controls for some of the more popular/mainstream security camera lines into icam as an in app purchase.  I have presets on all of my cameras (Panasonics) and would love to be able to point them around while viewing with iCam.

Thanks again!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 10:28:34 PM »
Yes, you do need to update iCamSource in order for the iCamSource description to show up on the iPhone.

The development focus for this update was the network connectivity.  Most of the CPU and RAM usage is due to the image processing (resizing, compression, motion detection, etc), which wasn't changed in this update.  I'd expect the CPU & RAM usage to be about the same as the last version.

PTZ support is a common request, and it is something we're interested in adding to iCam in the future.

kirshley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 09:44:52 AM »
Hi, first of all, thanks for the new update.
But i have one problem. With the previous version, the app works fine in my iPod touch 2g but with the new update the app works very well in my network working with wifi, but i cant connect to icam source from other network.Im trying to connect with wifi, but an error message appear: icam broker server cant connect. I only update the icam program and the icam source program. All the parameters are the same as i had with the previous version. I dont touch the firewall, i dont open any port... And as i say, the previous versiĆ³n works until i update the app.
One thing curious is that if i try to see the web cam with icamweb in a different network, this works and i can see it, but no with my iPod touch 2g...

Sorry for my english. Im waiting for your answer and one more time, thanks for the app! 

kirshley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 10:49:01 AM »
I have tried to do something. I have installed the previous version of icam app (1.3) and the new version of  icam source in my iMac and the app works well on my iPod (in a different network) but if i install the new update in the iPod, the app dont work. I see that the problem is not the network or the router becouse if the problem could be this, the previous version of icam app dont work too. Isnt it?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 01:02:29 PM »
Thank you for the feedback, and I do apologize that things have stopped working for you.

When the new iCam and the new iCamSource connect to one another they use the new "zero-config" connection logic, but when either the iCamSource or iCam is a previous version then they both use the previous "zero-config" logic, so that is why you are able to connect with the new iCamSource combined with the old iCam.

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail what it says your IP address is to support@skjm.com then we can look it up in the iCam Broker Server logs and hopefully determine what the issue is.

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 02:49:54 PM »
Okay, I have one additional question.  I run iCamsource as a service.  I see that the install package is a .EXE as opposed to the binary itself.  If I install with the .exe will I have to set my services back up or run into other issues?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »
I'm not sure, actually. The installer will update the existing exe in the same place as the current one.

If you would like to download the executable itself, it can be gotten here: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource1.4.2.exe

kirshley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
Thank you for the feedback, and I do apologize that things have stopped working for you.

When the new iCam and the new iCamSource connect to one another they use the new "zero-config" connection logic, but when either the iCamSource or iCam is a previous version then they both use the previous "zero-config" logic, so that is why you are able to connect with the new iCamSource combined with the old iCam.

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail what it says your IP address is to support@skjm.com then we can look it up in the iCam Broker Server logs and hopefully determine what the issue is.
I send to you an email with the ip, but i forgot write my nick in it! :(

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
I'm not sure, actually. The installer will update the existing exe in the same place as the current one.

If you would like to download the executable itself, it can be gotten here: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource1.4.2.exe

Okay, I just downloaded the executable and renamed it to icamsource.exe and restarted my services, it works!  Is there a command line option to name the feed that shows up in the iCam window?  Right now it has "servername"'s iCamSource displayed as the feed name.

digitalfx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 07:28:53 PM »
-desc="Name"

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
Awesome, I love this thing!

Get the PTZ working and I'll give you guys another $20!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 09:11:46 PM »
 :D

Thanks for the feedback, viop-ninja. PTZ is something that we will be considering (among other requested features) for the next major release. :)

Douggy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 07:08:28 AM »
Hi.
Updated for the new release on both iPhone and Mac.

We can set a param -desc ="cam name" when using bat file with windows.

What's about 4 instances on mac ? we can't use batch file if I'm right ?

BR,
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:10:54 AM by Douggy »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 09:37:26 AM »
Since running multiple instances of the iCamSource on the Mac requires you to have multiple copies of the iCamSource.app file, each copy remembers its own description and settings. With windows you only have one installation of the iCamSource that is run multiple times for multiple instances, so that's why you need the batch file.