Author Topic: how does the iphone app know what server to connect to?  (Read 3668 times)

steve51184s

• View Profile
how does the iphone app know what server to connect to?
« on: February 04, 2009, 06:15:53 PM »
hi all love this app but i have a question: how does the iphone app know what server to connect to? i'm guessing when i run the server with a set user/pass to connects to this site or some server and then when i run the iphone app and enter the user/pass that it connects to this site and tells it what my servers ip is.. am i right as i was surprised to see there was no ip info needed on the iphones side

also if this is true i think this is VERY insecure as you can just guess a user/pass like test/test which DOES work:

http://skjm.com/icam/web/?h=51abb9636078defbf888d8457a7c76f85c8f114c
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:19:22 PM by steve51184s »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how does the iphone app know what server to connect to?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »
steve51184s - You are correct, the iCamSource connects to our iCam Broker Server and registers its login and password account information with it so that when iCam connects with that same login and password it is given the appropriate connection information.

As for it being insecure, I would say instead that it is as secure as the login and password you choose. (Basically don't choose ones that are easy to guess ... Just like every other password for every other account you have on the Internet.)  ;)