Author Topic: My mac freezed when i use Icam.  (Read 7489 times)

IMac stephane

• View Profile
My mac freezed when i use Icam.
« on: December 08, 2008, 09:24:18 AM »
When i use the program Icam after 10 or 15 minute, my computer freeze and a mesage teling me to close my computer.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My mac freezed when i use Icam.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:37:39 AM »
stephane - I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you are getting a kernel panic. Does your screen look like this? : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1392

Can you tell me more about your Mac? I am assuming it is an iMac ... Is it Intel or PPC? What version of OS X are you running?

If it is a kernel panic, can you send the /Library/Logs/panic.log file to support@skjm.com? Hopefully that will help us understand what might be causing it.

Thanks.  :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 11:52:16 AM »
It appears that the Kernel Panic issue is being experienced by users running OS X Tiger on Intel Macs with ATI graphics cards.

The panic logs reference issues with ATIRadeonX2000 and ATIRadeonX1000 ... If you are experiencing this issue and your panic.log file contains similar information, please reply to this thread.

(Or, if you have any insight into what might be causing this, that would be great, too.) :)

anothermarc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 07:37:21 PM »
Hello.  I downloaded this app 2 days ago and am having the exact same issue.  After about 10 minutes or so, my macbook pro freezes up and tells me to restart my computer.  I downloaded the update today, but this didn't help any.  I really hope this gets fixed, because this is a wonderful app.  Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 12:44:22 AM »
anothermarc - Thanks so much for posting.

Can you e-mail your /Library/Logs/panic.log file to support@skjm.com? Any additional information we can gather to track down the source of this issue, the better. :)

Are you running Tiger on an Intel MBP? Possibly with an ATI Radeon graphics card?

If so, then that confirms the pattern that we have been seeing so far.

Thanks again.