Author Topic: Icamsource crashing iPhone 5s  (Read 2498 times)

Naveed

• View Profile
Icamsource crashing iPhone 5s
« on: December 23, 2017, 12:02:52 PM »
So I’ve been using icamsource on an iPhone 4 for a long time and it’s worked perfectly fine. I upgraded to a 5s the other day and it worked for about an hour. Now every time I hit “start” the app closes.

I’m not sure what the issue is.

It’s on firmware 11.2.1

Reinstalled iCam and it did the same thing. Works perfectly fine until you try to view pics. Then it crashes and won’t open back up until you reinstall the app

Tested with iPhone 7 and 6 on iOS 11.03 and 11.0 and there’s no issues with crashes.

Tried with the New iPad on firmware 11.2.1 and it worked no problem... so guess firmware isn't the problem.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 02:39:13 AM by Naveed »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Icamsource crashing iPhone 5s
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 03:22:05 PM »
It may be an issue with 11.2.1 on the iPhone 5s specifically.

Does the app crash when you tap Start, or when you connect remotely with iCam?

When you re-installed, did you re-install iCam or the iCamSource Mobile?

Naveed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 01:03:44 AM »
Hi, I just tried with the iPhone 6s today and it’s having the  same issue. The iPhone 6s is on iOS 11.1.1

It only happens when viewing photos that have been recorded. It might just be an iOS 11 issue because I ended up switching back to an iPhone 4 and there’s no problems at all.
It takes a few tries for it to happen, though. When I tested with the other devices, I didn't try testing it multiple times so it might actually be the same with the other devices as well.

I’d like to use an iPhone 5 or 5s because, with LTE and 5GHZ wifi, the audio  and video are much better.

Is there any way this can be fixed?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:06:40 AM by Naveed »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 06:53:47 AM »
If you are seeing it on multiple devices when viewing the recorded photos (this is very helpful, thanks!) then we should be able to also reproduce it, and if we can reproduce it we can then find the cause of the problem and fix it.

Does it crash when viewing the list of recorded events, when viewing a single image, or when playing back through a series of images within a single event? The more information we have about the steps involved, the more likely we will be able to reproduce it quickly.

Once last question: Does this also happen on the iPhone 5? Because the iPhone 5 also does not support iOS 11 as it is not a 64-bit device. (The highest it supports is iOS 10.3.1.)

Naveed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 11:06:32 AM »
If you are seeing it on multiple devices when viewing the recorded photos (this is very helpful, thanks!) then we should be able to also reproduce it, and if we can reproduce it we can then find the cause of the problem and fix it.

Does it crash when viewing the list of recorded events, when viewing a single image, or when playing back through a series of images within a single event? The more information we have about the steps involved, the more likely we will be able to reproduce it quickly.

Once last question: Does this also happen on the iPhone 5? Because the iPhone 5 also does not support iOS 11 as it is not a 64-bit device. (The highest it supports is iOS 10.3.1.)

Yup, its when I view the recorded events. If I open the event but don't look at anything, it wont crash. But as soon as I open a picture, iCamSource crashes and cant be reopened until its reinstalled. It'll take a few tries of viewing sometimes but it always ends up crash. I have an iPhone 8 on 11.2.2 right now and it doesn't seem to crash on it for some reason, though.
I haven't tried with an iPhone 5 but I should be getting one in the next couple of days and will test it out and let you know if it has the same issue.

EDIT: Never mind, it does crash on iPhone 8 as well.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:09:00 AM by Naveed »