Author Topic: iCam Source Will not Connect since last Mac Update  (Read 3759 times)

okcsus

• View Profile
iCam Source Will not Connect since last Mac Update
« on: August 23, 2017, 03:53:14 PM »
I've been successfully using iCam for several years. It stopped working a few weeks ago. I believe I have traced the problem to the last Mac update. The day I updated to Sierra 10.12.6 is the last day it worked. I have checked for iCam updates, reinstalled the software, and turned off the firewall to see if that will fix the problem. When I open the iCamSource Preferences, it says Connecting... at the top. If I click on stop and then start, the app closes as soon as I click start. Any suggestions?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam Source Will not Connect since last Mac Update
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:30:56 PM »
You may want to try resetting your iCamSource Preferences in case they have gotten into a bad state.

To do that, quit the iCamSource, and then open Finder and press Command+Shift+G or select the Go > Go to Folder... item from the menu bar and paste in ~/Library/Preferences/com.skjm.icamsource.plist and click the Go button.

This will take you to the iCamSource preferences file, which you can move to the trash to delete it. Then, restart your Mac, and re-launch the iCamSource. Once you re-enter your iCamSource info you should hopefully be able to connect.

okcsus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 12:16:12 PM »
Thank you!!!! This solved the problem.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 04:13:22 PM »

Thank you!!!! This solved the problem.

Great news! 8)

Nevarashu

• View Profile
    • Joingy
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:58:06 PM »
Ahh, Thanks Stefan I had the same problem with my Mac! You're a hero

daks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 08:34:14 PM »
 I had an issue after upgrading to Mac OS High Sierra— I had to do a fresh install of macOS High Sierra and then my icam was working great.   I don’t think the issue was with the iCam program.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:09:49 PM by daks »

tannebil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 08:06:11 PM »
Local LAN access died when I upgraded to High Sierra. Deleting the prefs file and rebooting didn't solve the problem nor does disabling the firewall or adding an exception for iCamSource. Any more ideas?

Doing a fresh install of High Sierra would be far more pain than it's worth just to get LAN access back. Migration Assistant doesn't work for me because of a UID conflict.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 06:49:57 AM »
I would verify that your computer and mobile device are connected to the same local WiFi network, and that your computer isn't connected to a "Guest" network (if your router supports that feature) because those usually block hosts from seeing / talking to each other.