Author Topic: Works for a few hours and then "out of memory"  (Read 2041 times)

giddermup

• View Profile
Works for a few hours and then "out of memory"
« on: August 21, 2017, 03:41:53 PM »
I recently changed my Anti-Virus software from MS Essentials to Bitdefender and now I seem to have a problem with Icam, though it may be a coincidence.  I set Icam as an allowed application and it does work, but a few hours after I start Icam Source, a big red "X" appears over the camera window and an error displays that generally says:  Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. ... System.OutOfMemoryException:  Out of memory".

When I first installed Bitdefender I got a message that said that there was an update for Icam so I installed 2.9
I left my home for the day and came back to the above message so I uninstalled 2.9 and reinstalled 2.8 (Icam software) in case that was the issue.
Then I unticked the "Auto-Start" box and tried again.
Two hours later, same error message.
I even adjusted my Nvidia settings to have Icam run through my graphics card in case that would help.  Nope.  Same message.
Today I unticked the "Auto-Config Router" and it stayed on for 4 hours, but I came home to the the same "Out of Memory" error.
Any idea what might be causing this issue?  I've been using Icam for a few years now and I really like it for keeping an eye on my home and rabbits.
Thanks for any help.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Works for a few hours and then "out of memory"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 08:54:10 PM »
How many cameras do you currently have connected to the iCamSource, and are they USB or network cameras?

giddermup

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 05:56:15 AM »
Only 1 USB camera

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 09:36:32 PM »
It does seem odd that a change in anti-virus software would be the cause of the issue. Since it seems to occur pretty consistently, could you please email a screenshot of the error message that you are seeing to support@skjm.com? Please reference this forum thread in your email.