Author Topic: Will this do what I need?  (Read 1492 times)

EE

• View Profile
Will this do what I need?
« on: May 14, 2017, 11:48:31 PM »
This product looks promising but I am wondering if it will do all I need and which components I need.
* I want to be able to use an Android Phone to link via WiFi to a few WiFi cameras (initially just one but eventually maybe up to say 6) and record information on the phone's SD Card
* If, and only if, I want to (to save data costs on my plan), I would like to be able to remotely log in to the phone to see what is happening on any/all of the linked cameras (preferably real time and maybe view the saved video log)

Will this do it, and which components do I need? Once I know that I can scope out the cost. Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Will this do what I need?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 11:13:24 PM »
This product looks promising but I am wondering if it will do all I need and which components I need.
* I want to be able to use an Android Phone to link via WiFi to a few WiFi cameras (initially just one but eventually maybe up to say 6) and record information on the phone's SD Card
* If, and only if, I want to (to save data costs on my plan), I would like to be able to remotely log in to the phone to see what is happening on any/all of the linked cameras (preferably real time and maybe view the saved video log)

Will this do it, and which components do I need? Once I know that I can scope out the cost. Thanks

Unfortunately iCam Pro does not seem to be the app that you are looking for, as it primarily gives users the ability to view computer-connected cameras from their mobile device, additionally viewing recordings that are also saved on that computer, not the phone.

This "Getting Started" link contains the general setup of iCam Pro and the associated iCamSource Pro applications: http://skjm.com/icampro/help/

EE

• View Profile
Re: Will this do what I need?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 11:51:33 PM »
Thanks for that. Keep looking I guess