Author Topic: ipcam on iPhone behind AT&T Netgear 770s hotspot?  (Read 2935 times)

kylecordes

• View Profile
ipcam on iPhone behind AT&T Netgear 770s hotspot?
« on: April 27, 2017, 03:22:45 PM »
I'm trying figure out if/how I can make the following setup work...
In house#1, I have AT&T internet via landline which is great.  I have an Apple iMac running icamsource and I have a couple of IP cameras on wifi in the house.
In house#2, I have an AT&T wireless hotspot providing wifi.  The hotspot is a Netgear 770S.  It does allow port forwarding.  I want to use an old iPhone running ipcam in house #2 and I want icamsource to be able to see it along with the other cameras in house#1.
I can't figure out how to make this work, if it can work.  The iPhone is assigned an IP address by the hotspot, but it's a LAN-type of address, i.e. 192.168...  The hotspot does have a public IP address that I can see when I click on "about" in the management webpage. 
Has anyone successfully accomplished what I'm trying to do?  If so, can you please share how?  Or is this simply not possible?
Thanks!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ipcam on iPhone behind AT&T Netgear 770s hotspot?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:00:06 PM »
If the hotspot supports forwarding a port to your old iPhone running ipCam then you *should* be able to then configure the iCamSource to connect to the external IP and port, and it should connect to the internal ipCam IP and port.

If you wanted to email screenshots of your port forwarding settings to support@skjm.com we can also give them a look to verify your settings if you are unable to make that connection.