Author Topic: J14454 camera with iCamPro  (Read 3808 times)

craftaz

• View Profile
J14454 camera with iCamPro
« on: March 22, 2017, 05:47:24 AM »
Hello,
I've desided to move to iCamPro but my device USB\Vid_0603&Pid_8612&Rev_0010&MI_00 crashes iCamPro v1.3.1 after I click on start button. With standard iCam v.2.9 software it worked fine. I've subscribed already so could You please to come up to a fix of this issue?

Peet

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: J14454 camera with iCamPro
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »
Hello,
I've desided to move to iCamPro but my device USB\Vid_0603&Pid_8612&Rev_0010&MI_00 crashes iCamPro v1.3.1 after I click on start button. With standard iCam v.2.9 software it worked fine. I've subscribed already so could You please to come up to a fix of this issue?

Peet

Are you using the Mac or Windows version of the iCamSource Pro?

What is the brand and model of your camera? Or is it "USB\Vid_0603&Pid_8612&Rev_0010&MI_00"? (That seems like a hardware identifier as opposed to a more human-friendly name.)

craftaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 06:26:35 AM »
http://sjcamhd.com/product/sjcam-sj4000-action-camera/ this camera I'm using. As I mentioned before, it does work perfectly with iCam standard v2.9, but it crashes on iCamPro any version. USB\Vid_0603&Pid_8612&Rev_0010&MI_00 - is jus a hardware ID on windows device manager. Atm I'm using windows platform.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 09:52:24 PM »
The latest version of the Windows iCamSource Pro should save a crash log in %localappdata% in the iCamSource Pro directory if the app is crashing in the iCamSource Pro code itself, and not a system library.

If there is no crash log, then one thing to try would be to use Manycam (https://manycam.com/) to create a new system camera instance that may be compatible with the iCamSource Pro.

craftaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 12:22:11 PM »
The latest version of the Windows iCamSource Pro should save a crash log in %localappdata% in the iCamSource Pro directory if the app is crashing in the iCamSource Pro code itself, and not a system library.

If there is no crash log, then one thing to try would be to use Manycam (https://manycam.com/) to create a new system camera instance that may be compatible with the iCamSource Pro.
ther's no crashlog. I'm using this cam for surveillance not for communicating, as I can guess manycam is designed for :))) so my subscription will end before i'll try it :D

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 11:30:10 AM »
ther's no crashlog. I'm using this cam for surveillance not for communicating, as I can guess manycam is designed for :))) so my subscription will end before i'll try it :D

A number of our users have used Manycam to enable using certain webcams with our software, so I was wondering if using it would possibly be a temporary solution so that we can further understand the potential cause of the issue. (It may not be an issue specific to the webcam itself, and this would help us narrow it down.)