Author Topic: Mac demanded that software be installed from App Store  (Read 2199 times)

jsavell

• View Profile
Mac demanded that software be installed from App Store
« on: March 10, 2017, 10:12:59 PM »
When I downloaded iCam Source to my Mac there was an error stating that I had to obtain software from the App Store. But the software isn't available on the App Store. What do I do?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mac demanded that software be installed from App Store
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 11:05:39 PM »
When I downloaded iCam Source to my Mac there was an error stating that I had to obtain software from the App Store. But the software isn't available on the App Store. What do I do?

Could you please email a screenshot of the error to support@skjm.com? The iCamSource download found at http://skjm.com/icam/support.php is what you need.

Here is a direct link to the app: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.9.dmg

Garota de Ipanema

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 05:41:07 PM »
Hi Jsavell,

That sounds like it is an OS X security setting.  Click on the Apple icon in the menu bar (upper left corner) and choose System Preferences from the menu. 

In the system preferences, on the top row, you will see a setting group named Security and Privacy.  Click on that.

Once in the Security and Privacy settings, go to the General sheet (or tab).

The bottom of that sheet will have a setting group: Allow apps downloaded from:.

You'll have to click the padlock icon in the lower left corner and enter an administrator username/password to make changes.

It's probably set to only allow apps from the App store.  Change that to App Store and identified developers and try to run the installer again.

Some applications are not from "identified developers" and I don't recall whether iCam Source was, but when the developer isn't "identified" you should get prompts asking if you want to allow it to install anyway.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »
Some applications are not from "identified developers" and I don't recall whether iCam Source was, but when the developer isn't "identified" you should get prompts asking if you want to allow it to install anyway.

Yes, we sign the iCamSource as an "identified" developer ... Thank you for posting this! 8)