Author Topic: Problem icamsource pro and NO-IP  (Read 3092 times)

Gianluca

• View Profile
Problem icamsource pro and NO-IP
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:26:37 AM »
Unfortunately I have a big problem with icampro and no-ip (noip.com). I have 2 shops with 2 cameras each with which to keep the fixed ip through the no-ip service, icampro source is installed on an iMac to another place, so it if some thief enters the shops do not risk them take me away too iMac. I went on vacation a week and the hind icam source did not record the cameras because there have been surges in negozie the ip of the router has changed. There are still bad because a surveillance system that does not find the video source and does not record even if no-ip keeps the same address is not a video surveillance system. Putting in stop icamsource pro and start putting in the system has found the video source of the 4 cameras. in practice I now understand that I have a surveillance system where I have to be physically at the Imac, in the case of the router restarts in stores have to restart icamsource pro. You need a solution otherwise it is impossible to work in this way. Thanks to a solution if it exists.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem icamsource pro and NO-IP
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »
Unfortunately I have a big problem with icampro and no-ip (noip.com). I have 2 shops with 2 cameras each with which to keep the fixed ip through the no-ip service, icampro source is installed on an iMac to another place, so it if some thief enters the shops do not risk them take me away too iMac. I went on vacation a week and the hind icam source did not record the cameras because there have been surges in negozie the ip of the router has changed. There are still bad because a surveillance system that does not find the video source and does not record even if no-ip keeps the same address is not a video surveillance system. Putting in stop icamsource pro and start putting in the system has found the video source of the 4 cameras. in practice I now understand that I have a surveillance system where I have to be physically at the Imac, in the case of the router restarts in stores have to restart icamsource pro. You need a solution otherwise it is impossible to work in this way. Thanks to a solution if it exists.

It sounds like there are 3 locations in your system: 2 stores and 1 other location for the iMac, is that correct? If so, which location's router was the one that was being restarted? Was it one or both of the stores, or the iMac network?

If the iCamSource Pro loses connection with a connected IP camera it will periodically try to reconnect, so if the computer's DNS service eventually returns the new IP address to the iCamSource Pro the next time it attempts to connect it should be able to resume recording.

Gianluca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 04:19:28 AM »
Thanks for the support, the routers are restarted are in the store where are the cameras, now I have the problem, do not find the cam, the DNS service has been updated with the new IP, I have other applications in the iPad, iPhone and iMac work, see and record the cameras after the DNS IP update, but I like icampro, I used icam since 2009 but in a local network.
Unfortunately now the only application that does not see the cameras is iCampro.
Now I do stop and then start,
ok, now we see and record.
Unfortunately, this time in Italy is very cold and the snow, there are problems with electricity where my stores and routers.

Gianluca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 04:31:01 AM »
The cam of the recording of stores has stopped four hours ago when the router stores have updated the DNS. iCam pro worked because a camera that is in the local network could be seen and recorded, the problem is only for those who update DNS.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 11:16:39 AM »
Does stopping and re-starting the iCamSource Pro fix the issue of the iCamSource Pro not being able to connect to the network IP cameras, or does it fix the issue of you not being able to connect to your iCamSource Pro using iCam Pro on a mobile device? (Not sure if you are attempting to view the cameras using iCam Pro from your phone or tablet or are just recording video with the iCamSource Pro.)

Once we have a clear understanding of the sequence of events and what is failing we can then hopefully replicate and fix the issue.

Gianluca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 06:40:51 AM »
The stop and restart or reboot of iCamSource Pro fixed all problems connecting to cameras that use a NO-IP address (xxxxxxxxxx.ddns.net:xx/video.mjpg and xxxxxxxx.ddns.net:xxxx/cgi/mjpg/ mjpg.cgi).

The cameras that connect to the local network do not have this problem, they are always displayed in iCamSource Pro.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 01:35:54 PM »
The stop and restart or reboot of iCamSource Pro fixed all problems connecting to cameras that use a NO-IP address (xxxxxxxxxx.ddns.net:xx/video.mjpg and xxxxxxxx.ddns.net:xxxx/cgi/mjpg/ mjpg.cgi).

The cameras that connect to the local network do not have this problem, they are always displayed in iCamSource Pro.

Thank you for that additional information.  It looks like there is an issue in the iCamSource Pro where it does not do an additional DNS check when reconnecting automatically.

We will be working on a fix and should have a test version for you to try this upcoming week.

Gianluca

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 05:55:11 PM »
Thank you for support, iCamSource Pro is the best application for video surveillance.

I'd like to see in iCamSource Pro the ability to maximize the window or one of the video zoom because, having a 27-inch monitor iMac, the window and the video are too small. Or a kind iPad screen for iMac where I click, I can zoom in on a video connection resizable or full-screen.
Thanks again.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 06:30:28 AM »
Thank you for support, iCamSource Pro is the best application for video surveillance.

Thank you! We now have a new test version for you to try that should fix your No-IP reconnection issue: http://skjm.com/icampro/iCamSourcePro1.3.0.6.dmg

I look forward to hearing how it goes! :)

I'd like to see in iCamSource Pro the ability to maximize the window or one of the video zoom because, having a 27-inch monitor iMac, the window and the video are too small. Or a kind iPad screen for iMac where I click, I can zoom in on a video connection resizable or full-screen.
Thanks again.

As for the iCamSource Pro preview video being full-screen, you could always connect directly to your camera using your web browser to achieve a full-screen view since the focus of the iCamSource Pro is to send video to iCam Pro, not to view the remote cameras from the computer.

Gianluca

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 09:26:49 AM »
It works perfectly, thanks. Excellent app, great support, you are the best.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 06:27:04 PM »
It works perfectly, thanks. Excellent app, great support, you are the best.

Thanks for the update! 8)