Author Topic: iPhone App displaying Too Many Cam Screens on LAN Only  (Read 1996 times)

Whelan

• View Profile
iPhone App displaying Too Many Cam Screens on LAN Only
« on: January 06, 2017, 06:33:08 AM »
Hi,

When connected to LAN via wifi, the iPhone app is displaying multiple camera windows, 4 of which are my actual camera displays and the other 5 are windows displaying 'No Image'. When jumping to 4G, this does not happen.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:38:13 AM by Whelan »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone App displaying Too Many Cam Screens on LAN Only
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:32:56 PM »
When iCam Pro connects on the same local network it searches the local network in addition to connecting to our Broker Server to get a list of any running iCamSource Pros registered with the same account.

Does your computer have multiple network connections, by chance? For example, connected both via WiFi and Ethernet? It may be that the same cameras are attempting to be connected two twice, first from the list from the Broker Server and also from searching the local network.

If you try rebooting the computer and restarting the iCamSource, does that get rid of the empty thumbnails?

Whelan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:59:50 AM »
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

The set up is as follows:

iMac Running iCam Pro
Three IP Cams

Alum connected via wifi to my network.

I've tried the following to rectify the issue:

Rebooting all wifi cams
Rebooting iMac
Rebooting router
Deleting iCam app on iOS devices
Deleting iCam Pro on imac
Changing username and password on all devices

What have noticed though is if I delete the app on an iOS device and DON'T restore purchases, it works. It's only when I restore purchases????

I have purchased lifetime pro service only.

I'm really confused...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 05:18:59 PM »
The difference between running iCam Pro before and after restoring purchases is that after restoring the iCam Pro Service the app will ask our server for a list of sources to connect to in addition to searching the local network. Without the iCam Pro Service, iCam Pro will simply search the local network and connect to any sources that it finds.

iCam Pro is supposed to remove any duplicates found when merging the list of server-reported sources with the list of locally-found sources, so if there is a mismatch between how the sources are identifying themselves with our server and how they are identifying locally, that may be the issue.

If you could visit http://ip4.me from your Mac and email support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is we can try to look it up in our Broker Server logs to try and determine what may be the cause of the issue.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 10:20:19 PM »
Just a quick update ... We were able to replicate the issue by running an iCamSource Pro with multiple cameras on a Mac that was connected to the local network via both Wi-Fi AND Ethernet. Disabling the Wi-Fi connection on the Mac (so that it was only connected to the network via the Ethernet adapter) fixed the duplicates issue.

I would double-check you Mac's System Preferences > Network settings to confirm that only one network adapter connection is "green" and connected.

Whelan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 03:33:44 AM »
I've emailed you the IP and I've sent a screenshot of my network connections. There is only one green light.

I have since noticed the duplicates are intermittent. For example - If I don't open the iOS app for a while, open it - I have four screens. If I close it and re-open it or refresh the screen immediately, I get duplicates. I've not worked out the timings yet but seems as if it clears the duplicates after a specific period of time. I'm timing it now as I've got the duplicates again.

Strange thing about this all was it worked fine all last week and nothing has changed my end.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 12:46:40 PM »
In looking further into the duplicate removal logic in iCam Pro there is a potential race condition where, if there are multiple responses from the iCamSource Pro, the duplicates are not removed correctly. There may be multiple responses if there are multiple IP addresses associated with the iCamSource Pro computer or if the response from the server takes a bit longer than usual.

We will be adding a fix for this intermittent issue in the next update to iCam Pro.

Thank you for reporting it!  8)