Support > iCam Pro Support

What are the best mjpeg WiFi IP video cameras available now?

(1/2) > >>

wfiveash:
I had a Foscam mjpeg video camera die (I'm glad because it was not very good) and I'm looking for a replacement that will work with icam source pro.  So far I'm finding it difficult to find a good, reliable WiFi video camera that supports either mjpeg or jpeg video, at least when I look at the specs for the cameras I have found (all just mention H.264).  Note that I'd prefer to have a camera that supports a audio mic and pan and tilt.  Anyone have advice on currently made/supported WiFi video cameras that work with icam?

Stefan:
Recently it seems that most IP cameras (like those by Amcrest) advertise h.264 but do also support MJPEG, so they will be compatible with iCam & iCam Pro.

I believe that when h.264 was new-fangled, cameras were being manufactured that just supported one or the other. These days it seems that most of the newer models support both.

You may just have to look a little deeper at the technical details of the camera to make sure.  8)

wfiveash:
Thanks for the Amcrest pointer, that looks like it will work for me.

wfiveash:
Does the Amcrest camera require I install a brower plugin in order to configure it?  I am very leery about doing something like that for at least two reasons (security, reliability).  I'm hoping I can just connect using a web browser and set the thing up as I have been able to do with other IP cameras.

Stefan:

--- Quote from: wfiveash on January 08, 2017, 07:05:59 PM ---Does the Amcrest camera require I install a brower plugin in order to configure it?  I am very leery about doing something like that for at least two reasons (security, reliability).  I'm hoping I can just connect using a web browser and set the thing up as I have been able to do with other IP cameras.

--- End quote ---

The Amcrest camera that we have does require a plugin to view the video feed on a web browser, but since it still does support a raw MJPEG video stream we didn't need to install it to set the camera up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version