Author Topic: Session Closes Almost Immediately  (Read 3085 times)

lfinco

• View Profile
Session Closes Almost Immediately
« on: July 06, 2016, 12:55:26 PM »
I've purchased the iCamPro and the private proxy subscription. With that, I was assuming that I would have reliable connection and viewing. I have a Surface Pro 4 running the iCamPro Source and am trying to view on an iPad Air. The iCamPro Source has the Enable Public Proxy (Auto-Configure Router) and Auto-Config Router enabled in Advanced Settings. When I get a picture up on the iPad Air, it stays for about 10 seconds and then closes, giving me a Connection Closed notice on the screen. What's going on? Did I waste my money???

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Session Closes Almost Immediately
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 07:33:19 AM »
lfinco is receiving support via email.

vision

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 04:08:07 PM »
I'm having the same problem, what is the fix, could you email me as well

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 05:39:46 PM »
When you see that error, is iCamSource still running on your Surface Pro?

Please check to see if there is a crash log. The crash log can be found by opening Windows Explorer and typing “%localappdata%” in the top bar (without the quotes). That will open the AppData folder on your computer. There should be a folder in the AppData folder called “iCamSourcePro” with a text file called “iCamSourceCrashLog.txt”.

If there are any crash logs, please send the latest one to support@skjm.com. Please reference this post and your username in the email.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:41:40 PM by SKJM Support »

rsadams

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 05:16:04 PM »
I have a similar problem on my Mac Pro running El Capitan 10.11.6. As soon as I start iCamSource Pro, it crashes.  I have emailed a crash log to SKJM Support.

What is strange is that I had this same problem almost exactly one year ago.  Back then, I ended up completely uninstalling the application- including deleting the .plist file and I finally got it working.

I am hoping to avoid reconfiguring all my cameras this time around.  Is there a way to avoid this?  It drives me crazy that I am going through this again.

I really like iCam Pro, but I do need it to be reliable.

I am a lifetime subscriber and monthly proxy data subscriber.

Many thanks for any help!

rsadams

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 01:33:04 PM »
To answer my own post, I discovered on these forums that others were having a similar problem.  One fellow deleted all his video files and restarted  iCamSource Pro.  That solved his problem.  I just tried the same and it worked for me as well!  Apparently corrupted video files an hang up the application.

I hope this knowledge can help others.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 11:35:33 PM »
Glad you got it working!

It looks like it is an issue related to the creation of the recorded webm event videos. There may be some invalid raw video data that the app is having problems with creating a final webm video file, so yes deleting any files in your iCamSource Pro’s Events Folder that are not webm files should hopefully resolve this particular crashing issue when launching iCamSource Pro.