Author Topic: iCamSource Pro dies when Screen Lock occurs on Mac  (Read 2039 times)

JayJay

• View Profile
iCamSource Pro dies when Screen Lock occurs on Mac
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:13:49 AM »
I have fought and fought attempting to work out a solution myself but, I am at the point of giving up.  The issue is that I have iCamSource Pro installed on my Mac.  I have the typical settings on the Mac so that the screen saver comes on at 5 min, display goes to sleep at 15 min, System goes to sleep never.  I have the security set so that it requires a password 5 min after the screen saver starts.

What I have noticed is that after the point that the screen lock is enabled (5 min after the screen saver starts), I am not able to view the cameras from my iCam Pro App on my iOS devices.  It will keep giving me the "Source Connection Error" message.  Once I log back into the system from the screen lock, when I attempt to open the preferences on the iCamSource Pro, it crashes.  After I launch the program again, everything works until the cycle continues.

This behavior also exist when someone else is logged in besides the user that is hosting the iCamSource Pro.  I know this is not a limitation of the Mac because I have developed software that runs on a user account when another user is logged in on theirs.  Is there any foreseeable changes that are going to be made that support this better?

Just as a note, I am not willing to turn off screen lock, as I would assume no one would be.  Although, I have other machines I could put this on, I am not really interested in doing that just to avoid this issue.  I would prefer for the connection to be at the main computer that gets used most often.  I really don't like researching new products when I already have this and have invested a little money in the different apps, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource Pro dies when Screen Lock occurs on Mac
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 01:25:13 PM »
If iCamSource Pro is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash log can be found by opening Windows Explorer and typing “%localappdata%” in the top bar (without the quotes).  That will open the AppData folder on your computer. There should be a folder in the AppData folder called “iCamSourcePro” with a text file called “iCamSourceCrashLog.txt”.

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com and reference this post.

dianadonofrio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:41:54 AM »
I was using it with no problem on my iMac but when I started using it on my macbook, the connection is terminate every time the screen was closed or the computer went to sleep.  I found the OS settings were different for each.  So I downloaded a program called NoSleep on my macbook and it worked without issue afterwards even with the screen closed.  I also use it to play a movie on my macbook and stream to my apple TV with the macbook closed.  Prior to using this app, the movie would cease playing when the screen was closed.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 12:48:37 AM »
Yes, that is correct. If your computer is asleep, the iCamSource will not be actively running, and you will not be able to connect. Glad you found a work-around that works for you.