Author Topic: MacBook Pro iCamSource Pro tries to connect but quits  (Read 1647 times)

bostonhome

• View Profile
MacBook Pro iCamSource Pro tries to connect but quits
« on: June 01, 2016, 03:06:46 PM »
When I click on the desktop iCamSource pro icon, it opens up only for a second or two then the iCamSource box closes and disappears. I can see that it is connected to the camera when the box is open. I cannot access the iCamSource from another device using iCam Pro. I tried clicking on the update iCam button but the program just shut down.

I contacted xfinity to make sure I have the proper ports open and they insist that I do. When I try to open iCamSource it now only opens for 1-2 seconds then closes immediately. I can see myself in the box when it is open so I know it is using the macbook camera. The little camera shutter icon at the top of the macbook disappears when iCam closes. I have tried to quickly click on it to reach the preferences but cannot.

Please guide me on what steps to take to correct this.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 04:15:40 PM by bostonhome »

nigels0

• View Profile
Re: MacBook Pro iCamSource Pro tries to connect but quits
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 08:40:49 AM »
I found that if you delete the files that icam uses to store the recorded events, that generally fixes it.

bostonhome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 04:38:59 PM »
Thank you that worked. How often do you have to remove the files? I was not even half full of the storage 1.0gig setting.

nigels0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 10:37:07 AM »
Not often.  It's not a problem of size, just if one gets corrupted, then the app has problems starting.