Author Topic: Foscam FI9821P and MJPEG stream...  (Read 6602 times)

schmegs

• View Profile
Foscam FI9821P and MJPEG stream...
« on: May 11, 2016, 11:08:53 PM »
Okay, I just got an FI9821 to try out with iCam Pro. I set up the MJPEG stream on the camera using
"ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1&usr=admin&pwd=" (using the http, which I can't add because the forum considers it an external URL...)
and got the correct result. I can paste the MJPEG Stream URL
"ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=admin&pwd=xxx"
in my web browser and get the view from my camera.

I'm not quite sure how to set it up in the iCamSource Pro application. I've put that URL in the URL field and put my username and password in their respective fields, but I keep getting an error. I've tried not including the user/pass (leaving it blank in the fields), tried taking the user/pass off the URL, and tried cutting down the URL right after the CGIStream.cgi (which, of course, didn't work). For anyone who's been able to do this, how did you get it to work?

rjgvt

• View Profile
Re: Foscam FI9821P and MJPEG stream...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 04:33:22 AM »
That camera has H.264 video compression and will not work with iCamsource. IP cameras need MJPEG or JPEG video compression to work with iCamsource.

schmegs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 10:43:44 AM »
That camera has H.264 video compression and will not work with iCamsource. IP cameras need MJPEG or JPEG video compression to work with iCamsource.

Thanks, but I was asking about the hidden MJPEG setting for the camera. I have seen other topics on the forum where people have seemingly been able to get it to work with iCamesource, but I haven't had any luck yet.

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 06:44:20 AM »
The specs for the camera only shows that the camera uses H.264. You would have to contact the manufacturer where they would hide the MJPEG video compression that is not listed in the specs.

schmegs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 10:50:27 AM »
The specs for the camera only shows that the camera uses H.264. You would have to contact the manufacturer where they would hide the MJPEG video compression that is not listed in the specs.

Thank you again, but I already know how to access the MJPEG compression, and it works.

What I'm trying to figure out is if anyone else on the forum who uses it has been able to get it to work with iCamSource Pro. From what I picked up in another post, the MJPEG command output from the camera seems to mess up the URL, so iCamSource Pro has a problem parsing it. Is there any fix for that? Or has someone written a script/application/etc. that could go in between the two and "fix" the mess so that a clean URL could be sent to iCamSource Pro?  :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 12:04:15 AM »
Please email a screenshot of iCamSource showing the MJPEG settings and the error message to support@skjm.com. In your email please reference this post and your username.

schmegs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 11:34:42 AM »
Sorry, I got sucked into a vortex of work and stuff. Right now, I have my camera set for just the pic update option, so I'll have to reconfigure iCamSource later to send the error code, etc. That'll probably happen later this week or this weekend. Thanks for looking into it!

Seth3377

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 01:37:48 AM »

•••I tried the 2 step method described here with 2 F19821W cameras, and got both working in iCamSource in preferences; and both showed up on my iPhone iCam; and, on p 82 of user manual it does say that this camera and F19821P cameras both support H.264 & MJPEG video format.  However, after entering the 2nd camera which had a port# slightly higher the 1st stopped working; but the other works fine still.  Trying to figure what happened here.  Does anyone know what does the entry into the browser field does?  As the return, as described, <CGI_Result> <result>0</result> </CGI_Result>, appears; but, cannot enter any text to the response.  I am not understanding the 2 streams, main & sub that are being changed somehow.  Any suggestions from the rather old forum discussion that would fix?  I was so please to get working only to have one of 3 cameras working now, when all showed up initially.  Not sure what happened.  Does anyone here?
  Best.
Seth