Author Topic: Not working without wifi, please read carefully  (Read 1983 times)

MBL

• View Profile
Not working without wifi, please read carefully
« on: May 11, 2016, 08:49:58 AM »
Hello,

I've been running iCamSource Pro at my home and office for years.  For the past few months I've been having the following problem:

When trying to view my 3 home camera's from LTE or 4G signal (strong signal) the pane on the iPhone shows boxes where my home cameras should be, but no picture.  I eventually get a source connection error.  My 2 office camera's show up right away.  If I turn on wifi on my iPhone at either my office, home, or any other wifi network, both the 2 office cameras and 3 home cameras show up. 
Basically it's as if when my phone doesn't have the best possible signal, the home cameras do not show. It's odd since I believe the iPhone is not connecting directly to the home network, but the iCamPro Source server. Both computers are pretty new iMacs running 10.11.4. and my iPhone 6 is running 9.3.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MBL

• View Profile
Re: Not working without wifi, please read carefully
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »
Anyone at SKJM that can help me out?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Not working without wifi, please read carefully
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »
A number of changes to any one of the networks involved, including your local network, phone network or your ISP network, could have this kind of effect.

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource Pro before clicking the Start button? If that doesn’t work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource Pro with that option enabled.

Our iCam Pro Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icampro/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3