Author Topic: iCam Pro "No LAN Sources Found" error  (Read 5148 times)

dge

• View Profile
iCam Pro "No LAN Sources Found" error
« on: March 25, 2016, 11:18:21 AM »
I'm trying to connect an iPhone 4s 16GB (clean setup, iOS 9.2) running iCam Pro (latest version in the app store as of Mar 20, 2016) to both a Win7 or Win10 PC over WiFi. Tried this on two different networks. iCamSource Pro v1.2 starts up with "Your network IP camera could not be connected to" (seriously, grammar?) but otherwise seems to be running okay. But no matter what I do, the phone will not connect. I have:
- verified that IP address of the phone is the same as the one entered into the Source URL field, plus MJPEG as suggested by the online help.
- tried turning autoconfig router off
- tried turning Disable LAN-only discovery off
- tried reinstalling the iCam Pro app several times
- tried starting and stopping the app and server in different orders multiple times.
- tried to go to the URL - could not load page error, suggesting the camera is not working
- The iCamSource Pro program finds up my USB webcam fine however.
- tried to see if Open Broadcaster Studio could see the Source as a video input (which is what I need to do) and it couldn't see it anywhere either, suggesting that the camera is correct, that the service is NOT actually running (although maybe the camera has to be found before the service makes itself available). And OBS finds the real webcam as a video source fine. I don't think that it's picking it up from iCamSource though.

The setup instructions are somewhat lacking. For example, they don't say 1) whether you should start the service or camera first - both give errors when they start. 2) the instructions say to put in the id and password... but the Source program has TWO id and password locations, and a URL, all of which have to contain something before the service starts up. I'm assuming the ids & passwords have to be the same, although I've tried using different IDs, short passwords, etc.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam Pro "No LAN Sources Found" error
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 01:00:59 PM »
First, are the phone and the computer running iCamSource Pro on the same local network? 

The No Lan Sources Found error message indicates that iCam Pro is in free mode, so it will only connect to an iCamSource Pro that's on the same local network.

If you are on the same local network, please go to the Advanced tab in iCamSource Pro  to see if "Disable LAN-Only Discovery" is checked. It should be unchecked.

If you have purchased iCam Pro service, then you will need to go the Store page in the iCam Pro app and hit the "Restore" button to put the app into paid mode.

Second, are you able to see a feed from your camera in iCamSource Pro running on your computer? If not, what is the Brand/Model of your camera? iCam Pro supports Built-In, FireWire or USB Webcams and DV Cameras as well as MJPEG-compatible Network IP Cameras.

dgoodin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 07:42:28 PM »
I'm having the same issue. It just started. I can see everything fine on the computer and the phone when on wifi, but not on LTE. I re-downloaded iCam Pro and hit "Restore." It says "Restore Complete," but then I get "No Lan Sources Found."

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 06:15:55 PM »
In the Advanced tab in iCamSource Pro, is the "Disable LAN-Only Discovery" checked? If so, please uncheck it. Also, please send a screenshot of the Advanced tab to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings. Reference this post and your username in your email.

dgoodin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 08:27:26 AM »
I figured out my problem. I needed to download iCam Pro using my original Apple ID on the app store. (I'm not sure why it told me that the restore was complete under a newer Apple ID, but at least now it really is restored and working.)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 11:43:59 PM »
I’m glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.