Author Topic: icam source not keeping 'send notifications' & 'record motion' boxes checked  (Read 3283 times)

SeanJ

• View Profile
Hi, long time user of Icam, having to run it on xp on most machines in the house but having a problem with the same machine not keeping it's 'send notifications' and 'record motion' boxes checked each day. I'm running 2.7.2 due to being on XP, i've tried flushing all the settings with my 'clean icam key' reg process and re-installing icam afresh - but the problem persists. So basically every night I have to check these 2 boxes on one icam source PC or it won't watch my premises and alert me.

Any idea what I could try to address this? It's fine on the other machines running xp in the house, it just won't store them for some reason.  :(

thanks. Sean

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Are you running icamsource as a service?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If both the checkboxes are unchecked every day that sounds like either there is a Schedule setting that is making the change, or someone is connecting to the source and changing it.

SeanJ

• View Profile
@OUantony - hi, no it's not in my list of running (or otherwise) services, it's currently active on my pc but it's motion detection schedule is not until 8pm - 5am each day

When I check it the next day the boxes are unchecked again, it's been like this for over a year, i have to manually re-check the boxes on this pc every night :(

@stefan - yes it may be scheduled tasks that I use are messing with it, i've got a couple of batch files that get triggered to start it at 10pm (also a refresher restart at 1am) and one to stop it at 5.30am  as I don't want it running longer than it should be. Maybe these are blowing out the check boxes, didn't think about them - i'll remove them and see how it fares, maybe introduce the start and stop ones again slowly so I can see how it goes. 

thanks guys, will report back.

SeanJ

• View Profile
Hi, back again...yes indefd it was to do with a .bat file i had on a scheduled task that was clearing my notification box checks each day. I've replaced it with another simple 'start' bat file to turn icam source on and one to turn it off the next day and it's all good again. Thanks guys.

;)