Author Topic: App closes even when on preview tab, plugged in, and screen set to never lock  (Read 5532 times)

schmunkel98

• View Profile
IPCAM on iphone 4 running IOS7, and I can not keep it running for more than an hour or so as the phone will shut down the app. I have it running on the preview tab with it plugged in and the screen set to never lock. Please let me know what else to check as this essentially makes the app useless after an hour.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You could try decreasing the image capture size, and also make sure to tap the preview screen to darken it, which can help stability on older devices.

schmunkel98

• View Profile
I have tried it with the preview screen darkened with the same luck. I can't for the life of me figure out why it goes to a sleep mode after an hour or so. I will try decreasing the image size to see if that helps. Would upgrading to IOS8 make any difference if I can on the iphone 4?

palmfox

• View Profile
I would like some help with this also. iPhone 4, set up to never turn off, absolutely the lowest resolution possible, screen dark,  and same result.. It shuts off after one hour. There is no other program on the iPhone 4 besides the stock programs, and strong wifi in the same room. Can anyone at SKJM help with this issue, or update the software? This is really getting frustrating!

egypt123

• View Profile
I can see others are experiencing the same symptoms I am with my iPhone5S. Doesn't look like there is a reasonable fix. I just bought this app a couple days ago and there is apparently a bug. Would like a refund for the $ I spent on this and iCamSources if I can't even use it.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If ipCam is crashing, there should be crash logs.

Here is the direct link for instructions on how to locate crash logs from your iPhone: http://www.ondemandworld.com/how-to-find-crash-logs/

If you find any ipCam crash logs, please send back the most recent ones to support@skjm.com we will hopefully be able to further troubleshoot the issue.

Also, please reference your username and this post in your email.