Author Topic: ICamSource Pro will not connect after El Capitan update  (Read 6078 times)

lilybea

• View Profile
ICamSource Pro will not connect after El Capitan update
« on: October 01, 2015, 05:00:25 PM »
I have been using the Icamsource Pro without any problem until I updated my Mac to El Capitan (this morning).  Now Icam will not connect.  It tries to, but never gets any further than "ICamSource Pro  Preferences - connecting".  Please, any help would be appreciated!

KernelG

• View Profile
Re: ICamSource Pro will not connect after El Capitan update
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 02:27:04 AM »
El Capitan may just be a coincidence. I came here because I also cannot connect, and I haven't upgraded anything (OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, iCamSourcePro 1.1, lifetime pre-paid). iCamSourcePro will simply not get past the "Connecting ..." stage. I've changed no settings and things worked fine 10 days ago, September 22. Reverting to iCamSourcePro 1.0 has no effect. My guess is that the SKJM network is down.

I just spent a few hours out with no iCam peace of mind. What's the word?

lilybea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 09:25:18 AM »
I feel like there would be more complaints if the SKJM network was down.  Mine continues to "try to connect..."  Is there anyplace to reset are test this?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 10:27:41 AM »
I would suggest closing the iCamSource Pro application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsourcepro.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected.

You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.

lilybea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 01:25:30 PM »
I am still getting nothing.  My camera light does not come on and ICamSource Pro continues to try to connect.  I'm very frustrated with this as I paid and upgraded to the Pro version a month or so ago as the original Icamsource that I've had for years started doing this very same thing.  The upgrade installation went fine and I have had no problem whatsoever connecting in my own network and in others.  PLEASE give me something else to go on as I am stumped and very frustrated!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 03:09:22 PM »
What camera are you using? Is it a built-in webcam? If your camera light does not come on when you click Start then it may be that the internal hardware identifier for the camera has changed when the operating system was updated. What you can do to try and remedy that is to click on the Video and Audio drop-down lists and re-select your camera and microphone, or whatever inputs you are using. This should update the identifiers and hopefully fix the issue the next time you click the Start button.

We have tested El Capitan on a number of Macs and it has worked for us without any issue, so hopefully these steps will work for you.

KernelG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 06:09:23 PM »
Solved here. A preferences wipe did fix it, but also I had to restart after deleting the file. I believe recent versions of OS X cache the contents of preferences files, so without a restart, iCamSourcePro fired right up with the same settings anyway.

My camera was still in the drop-down audio and video menus, same as before, but it looks like my computer's ID did indeed change in the left sidebar menu (maybe with a recent Yosemite update?).

Thanks!

lilybea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 08:23:26 PM »
Reset the Video and Audio drop-down lists and it seems to have solved the problem!  Many thanks!

MBL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 04:54:02 PM »
I had the same problem and deleted the plist.  That has corrected the problem and I can see my cameras working from my Mac.  It says I'm connected to the server but none of my home cameras show up on the iPhone app. My office computers do, but not the cameras that are on the Mac with El Capitan.  Nothing has changed with my router and I've been using this program for years.

MBL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 05:01:19 PM »
Never mind.  Even though it said the cameras were connected, when I recreated my camera names and put in login & password, I didn't have my login in caps like I do on my phone. 
All fixed now.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 10:13:36 PM »
I’m glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

timvd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 12:04:58 PM »
here also fixed with the preference wipe & restart on El Capitan. thx!