Author Topic: ICam doesn't work when zoom in on one cam?  (Read 7094 times)

roger1414

• View Profile
ICam doesn't work when zoom in on one cam?
« on: January 01, 2011, 01:50:01 PM »
New to Icam, I have a iMac and am using the camera in the computer. I have it set up to an Android phone. Everything seems to work fine, I type in the password and four windows come up. I have only one camera going and I click to zoom in to view, then it freezes. The program on the computer quits and the camera goes off. So basically, I can preview the camera, has all the motion, but once I zoom in the video freezes on my phone because the computer program quits.

I have view the video w/ four windows on WiFI and 3G. I have read about making sure port 12000 is open, at times it is open and other times it is closed. I did the steps to open it up and does the same thing. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Use:
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Droid Phone

I even tried to use a friends computer camera and access it from a different location and it worked fine. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

roger1414

• View Profile
Re: ICam doesn't work when zoom in on one cam?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 02:55:41 PM »
Also downloaded older versions of Icamsource, and it works fine. I can view no problem, there just is no sound because android didn't get audio until the latest version was released.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:19:45 PM »
If you are able to connect and see a thumbnail image then you don't need to worry about ports being open, because you are able to connect.

The only main difference between the thumbnail view and the zoomed-in view is that audio is also transmitted to iCam. What audio input are you choosing in the iCamSource from the Audio drop-down?

roger1414

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 08:22:54 PM »
I click the "Android" box and the audio I am using is built in microphone.

roger1414

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 08:31:28 PM »
Also, after you asked what audio I used, I selected 1) audio input with Android clicked and it still closed. I then selected no audio with Android box clicked and it did work in zoom view w/ most up-to-date version.

I then unchecked the Android box for audio and was able to connect in zoom view to all three audio options (input, microphone, no-audio), but of course I have no audio because Android box is unchecked.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 10:38:09 AM »
It sounds like it is an issue with the Android audio encoding format that is used on your system. Does it crash if you choose any audio input other than "No Audio" and check the Android checkbox?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »
Actually we have now been able to replicate the issue and are working on tracking down the cause of the crash. It appears to be an issue with some types of audio inputs combined with the Android audio setting. We should have a fix released by tomorrow. Thank you for your patience!

roger1414

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:38:58 AM »
Yes it will crash anytime I have Android clicked with an audio other than "No Audio." But sounds like you have it figured out. I'll wait for the fix, thanks for your help!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 05:37:00 PM »
We have a new version of the iCamSource available that will hopefully fix your crashing issue: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.2.1.dmg

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks! :)

roger1414

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 08:09:05 PM »
So far so good, thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 08:43:07 PM »
So far so good, thanks.

You are most welcome. :)

If you have any further issues, please let us know.

kegscruiser

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 07:47:40 PM »
Sorry to reply to a topic so old but I have the exact same problem.

Everything works fine including both WIFI & GSM connections but when I try to zoom in the icamsource application closes.
If I select 'no audio'  then everything works including zoom (obviously no audio), but selecting either 'built-in microphone' or 'built-in input' then it crashes as soon as i zoom in.

Icamsource = 2.8.4 (OSX 10.11.1 - El Capitan)
iCam = 1.6.5
Phone = Samsung Galaxy Note Edge 5.1.1

Thanks...

missliz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 08:21:09 AM »
Yes I am having exactly the same problem. Android app closes icam source on macbook running el capitan if sound is activated when you zoom. The only work around is not to zoom or not to use sound which defeats the purpose. Appreciate if you can look into resolving this in your next update?

Many thanks,
Liz

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 04:38:36 PM »
If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

or in:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you are running Mac OS X older than 10.6.3: the crash logs would be in  /Library/Logs/CrashReports or /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Logs/CrashReports

Please note, Mac OS X Lion+ hides the ~/Library directory. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you’re holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log. The crash logs should be there.

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com. Please reference this post and your username.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 10:02:25 AM »
We were able to replicate the iCamSource crash when running version 2.8.4 on OS X El Capitan with the Android Audio option selected. Version 2.8.4.1 should fix the issue: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.8.4.1.dmg