Author Topic: ipCam on iPhone5S keeps shutting off  (Read 3726 times)

egypt123

• View Profile
ipCam on iPhone5S keeps shutting off
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:37:35 AM »
Works for a few hours, then I can no longer access the web interface directly, nor does iCamSources see video. I still see the phone's IP connected to my router. I go to the phone, and it's back on the Home Screen/Springboard. iPCam is still running, but since it now is not the "Open" app, it doesn't broadcast. I've turned off Sleep, it has no email/text accounts, set up, only has Wifi enabled (no cellular) so I don't think Notifications or anything are occurring to send the phone back to the Springboard. Any suggestions?

Can this app be closed and still work? Do I need to enable Background Refresh? Is it a bug?? I'm at a loss here...

egypt123

• View Profile
Re: ipCam on iPhone5S keeps shutting off
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 11:48:29 AM »
My ipCam went dead again so I went home to look at the iPCam/phone. Sure enough, it was on the Springboard. This is an iPhone 5S running on iOS 9.2.1. This is a freshly installed phone/iOS and has absolutely nothing other than ipCam loaded on it.

I have done the following:

1. Set a static IP to the phone.
2. Changed the ipCam web port to 8181 (nothing else is running on that port on my network)
3. Disabled EVERYTHING that could potentially interrupt ipCam (Bluetooth, notifications, background refresh, lock screen/sleep, etc, etc. etc...).
4. Rebooted the phone multiple times
5. Set ipCam to used the minimum resolution and quality
6. Turned off the time banner, turned off sound, have no proxy or anything enabled on the Advanced screen
7. Set ipCam to the Preview screen and tapped once to blank/darken the screen

NOTHING is working! The ipCam app goes to the background and the phone goes back to the Springboard. I can understand if the phone was going to sleep, but it's not. It's simply pushing iCam to the background and returning to the Sprinboard fully alive. If I double-click the Home button, ipCam is still running in the background. When ipCam goes haywire, I can still ping the IP address of the phone so it's not the phone or Wifi going dead/to sleep.

This app does not work on the iPhone5S and iOS 9.2.1. As mentioned in a previous post, I just bought this app and iCamSources and would like a refund. I'm done messing with it and cannot rely on it at this time.