Author Topic: RTSP Streaming support  (Read 14184 times)

swede76

• View Profile
RTSP Streaming support
« on: January 25, 2013, 08:56:32 AM »
Are there any plans yet to start supporting RTSP streaming?  I just upgraded my camera system to the logitech alerts and there are several other cam apps out there that allow this.  I like iCam the best, but have had to switch in the meantime until you hopefully start supporting RTSP. Currently using IP Cam Viewer pro, it is great and supports every camera you can think of.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:10:17 PM by swede76 »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RTSP Streaming support
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:35:45 PM »
We don't have any current plans to support RTPS, but it's possible that feature may be added in the future.

rlb2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:02:51 PM »
SJKM (Stefan),

I second, third and fourth the need for RTSP and H.264 support.  I want to move to HD Cameras as they are getting cheaper, and unfortunately most of the offer MJPEG at lower images, so it really doesnt help.  Maybe using the FF libraries as a possibility here?

Anyway we can move this feature up the ladder as I LOVE The APP, but this is a must for me moving forward in the coming months!

I do support the kitty once in a while, and would be willing to put in $100-200 for this feature.

I am sure others might agree here.(?)

Thanks!

Rob

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 10:28:08 AM »
h.264 cameras are definitely something that are on our radar. There are a few issues to consider when bringing h.264 streams to iCam and the iCamSource, and they're mainly related to the real-time processing that would have to be involved in converting the HD video stream to static images to do the frame-by-frame motion detection. If you have a 30 fps HD video stream you need to convert each frame to what is essentially a large bitmap image to compare the pixels to see if anything has changed.

Additionally, the iPhone is only able to natively decode a single h.264 stream at any one time, so if you had multiple h.264 cameras that you wanted to view simultaneously in the Thumbnail View, the iCamSource would have to convert the streams to JPEG images for display in iCam. If more cameras supported both MJPEG/JPEG and h.264 streams then we could work with that, since we would just use the h.264 stream when a user zoomed-in with iCam. That doesn't seem like that is the case, however, if users are unable to use the newer h.264 Foscams with the iCamSource and iCam.

SJKM (Stefan),

I second, third and fourth the need for RTSP and H.264 support.  I want to move to HD Cameras as they are getting cheaper, and unfortunately most of the offer MJPEG at lower images, so it really doesnt help.  Maybe using the FF libraries as a possibility here?

Anyway we can move this feature up the ladder as I LOVE The APP, but this is a must for me moving forward in the coming months!

I do support the kitty once in a while, and would be willing to put in $100-200 for this feature.

I am sure others might agree here.(?)

Thanks!

Rob

rlb2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 04:02:22 PM »
Stefan, Your support is incredible!  I donated once again last night as you guys are great! 

I completely understand the issue here.  Maybe only support Cams that have the dual stream available?  I am up for that.  This way as you mentioned you can motion detect on the lower bit rate streams and view only for HD.

The last sentence could I get a clarification on?

"That doesn't seem like that is the case, however, if users are unable to use the newer h.264 Foscams with the iCamSource and iCam."  --Kinda of leaves us hanging...

Are you saying that there IS some FOSCAMs H.264 that DO work with iCam now as I was not aware.  I'll buy them if they are (hopefully fully PoE)

Thanks Again!
Rob

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 08:15:11 PM »
Stefan, Your support is incredible!  I donated once again last night as you guys are great! 

Thank you! :)

I completely understand the issue here.  Maybe only support Cams that have the dual stream available?  I am up for that.  This way as you mentioned you can motion detect on the lower bit rate streams and view only for HD.

The last sentence could I get a clarification on?

"That doesn't seem like that is the case, however, if users are unable to use the newer h.264 Foscams with the iCamSource and iCam."  --Kinda of leaves us hanging...

Are you saying that there IS some FOSCAMs H.264 that DO work with iCam now as I was not aware.  I'll buy them if they are (hopefully fully PoE)

Thanks Again!
Rob

I was able to find this page that has links to some demo h.264 Foscam cameras: http://www.foscam.com/links.aspx

It looks like the FI8602W and FI8620 do support this JPEG URL: http://121.15.172.228:8602/tmpfs/auto.jpg

They don't support any of the previous Foscam JPEG or MJPEG URLs though, which is odd. Not sure if they would support audio either, since they're so different than the previous cameras.

fettkeewl

• View Profile
Revival: RTSP Streaming support
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 09:54:25 AM »
I'll just revive this thread instead of starting a new one.
It's been a couple of years. Any changes on allowing RTSP?

I have some cameras which output 640x320 as max res on mjpeg but
do give 1280x720p over rtsp.

Please do consider, it has been asked about :) I would really hate having to sub on iSpy just because of this.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 04:30:21 PM »
What is the Brand/Model of the camera you are referring to?

JamesHeflY

• View Profile
RTSP Streaming support
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 02:28:28 PM »
We are beginners at streaming and I would appreciate any advice on how to include a RTSP streaming IP camera into our production. Currently we are viewing it on a laptop and then bringing it in via ivga. Is there a way to bring the stream directly into the Tricaster production so we dont have to crop the web based image from the laptop?

Frank Leggett
Tricaster 450 with latest firmware 4h.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 08:35:35 PM »
We are beginners at streaming and I would appreciate any advice on how to include a RTSP streaming IP camera into our production. Currently we are viewing it on a laptop and then bringing it in via ivga. Is there a way to bring the stream directly into the Tricaster production so we dont have to crop the web based image from the laptop?

Frank Leggett
Tricaster 450 with latest firmware 4h.

I would suggest contacting  the makers of the TriCaster system. This is a support forum for the iCam mobile application for iOS and Android.