Author Topic: can't access my cameras after switching to google fiber  (Read 2737 times)

Wally

• View Profile
can't access my cameras after switching to google fiber
« on: October 22, 2015, 10:16:36 PM »
I got google fiber yesterday. Now I can't access my camera when I am away from my home network. When I AM on my home network, my iPhone accesses my two sources just fine. I still have my old AT&T DSL if you have any side-by-side test suggestions.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: can't access my cameras after switching to google fiber
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 12:20:37 AM »
Sounds like you'd be using a different modem/router on Google Fiber vs. what you're using on AT&T DSL. With that being said, your issue is almost certainly related to the configuration of your router on the Google Fiber network. In my personal experience, I've had rock-solid connections after I properly set up manual port forwarding on my network. I never need public or private proxies, and I never fail to connect from anywhere.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 01:07:22 PM »
There’s more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

If you have any problems with the instructions on that page, please send us the Brand/Model of your router so I can find port forwarding instructions for your particular router.

Wally

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 09:57:44 AM »
OK, an update to the symptoms:

I can access my cameras normally as before, when I am on WiFi (iPhone/iPad) at a coffee house or some such, but NOT, if I am on my iPhone/iPad's LTE (AT&T happens to be my carrier). My iPad has LTE…

I could almost understand not being able to access AT ALL after the switch to google, but I cannot fathom this predicament. I mean why would it matter to iCamSource how I get to it? If it is willing to give it up to the coffee house's WiFi, but not AT&T's internet access/presence?

I have tried it from at least two different WiFi locations

Thanks for you interest, and I will try to ingest your suggested links and understand it some. I don't have a lot of patience for many things network...