Author Topic: No push on android  (Read 8230 times)

johnnycat500

• View Profile
Re: No push on android
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 07:34:32 AM »
Thank you!  I have 1.6.3.   Do I have to buy 1.6.5 or will 1.6.3 update

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 08:20:10 AM »
1.6.5 is a free upgrade if you already have 1.6.3. :)

Thank you!  I have 1.6.3.   Do I have to buy 1.6.5 or will 1.6.3 update

johnnycat500

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 09:28:35 AM »
Sorry for the stupid question. How do I get the update, or will it do it automatically.                     Edit:  I have had this app for years. How many updates do you get. Lol
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:33:37 PM by johnnycat500 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 07:06:03 AM »
If it doesn't update automatically you can manually update it from the Google Play Store app.

johnnycat500

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 08:39:57 AM »
I updated to fix the push notications, which is now working. Now I have WiFi at home working, but now 4G does not work. I have been using icam for years. Any fix for this new problem.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 01:01:27 AM »
A number of changes to any one of the networks involved, including your local network, phone network or your ISP network, could have this kind of effect.

What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error?

If you're seeing the Source Connection Error, have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If it still doesn't work with that option enabled, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox in iCamSource.

Our iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

johnnycat500

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »
The day after my last post it worked for a day then back to nothing. The next day the wifi at home would not work, today it started working again. I have just tried it a few mins ago and wifi does not give me a pic but the sound of the push notifications will sound when I trip the motion. It is showing source connection error. It is on auto config, all the years it has worked great is on auto config. It has UPnP may not be enabled, but it is. A few months ago when I got att uverse it would not work and after a lot of time googling the problem I was able to let it get thru the uverse modem by setting up the nat/gaming to the correct port range. After I updated when the notifications quit working, It worked for a few weeks and now it is sporadic. I am all ears… Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 04:37:00 PM »
Are you seeing the Source Connection Error when the phone is connected to the same local network as the computer running iCamSource?

If so, that indicates the problem is caused by firewall software on the computer, since the network traffic isn’t going through the router in that case. Please quit or disable all firewall software on the computer running iCamSource (temporarily) to see if iCam starts working.  If it does, we can configure the firewall to work with iCam. - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam2

johnnycat500

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 09:14:05 AM »
I don't get it, I have an apple and a windows computer  running icamsource. Some days both work with wifi  and 4G and other days they don't. it is not a firewall problem. They work when they work.