Author Topic: Only 5 of my 6 camera's show up at any one given time  (Read 2088 times)

userperzz

• View Profile
Only 5 of my 6 camera's show up at any one given time
« on: September 24, 2015, 04:11:02 AM »
Hello,
I have been using Icam pro for quite a while. i have 6 camera's with 2 separate instances of icam source running. again, this config has worked for months until recently.

I can only get 5 of the 6 cameras to show up on my motorola turbo android at any one given time. the cameras that it decides to show each time i start it is displayed randomly. all of the cameras can show up but only 5 at a time where it used to be 6, and if flip flops cameras that it shows.

i know it is set up correct because it has worked for months. is there a bug with the android software?

Thanks in advance

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Only 5 of my 6 camera's show up at any one given time
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:00:34 PM »
It is possible the computer is struggling with 6 cameras running. Please try running the iCamSource with just one camera (delete the others from your cameras list.) If it works, we will continue adding cameras back on to your cameras list.

Also, what is the the % CPU usage of the iCamSource application?

userperzz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:46:40 AM »
The first instance of Icam source is running on a desktop that handles 5 cameras and it is not struggling at all.
The second instance of Icam source is running on a laptop and only running a single camera and is not struggling at all.

I never had a problem in the past with this configuration and it has been running for about a year.
I do have some more info though... when i am at home and connected to my homes WiFi network, all camera's show up all the time on my Motorola Android. If i shut off WiFi and only use Cellular ( full bars, Verizon ) it goes back to displaying only 5 out of the 6 again.

please keep in mind that it randomly picks which ones it wants to show, it doesn't matter if it is the cameras on the desktop, or the single camera on the laptop. it can show any combination of 5.

% of CPU on the desktop is only 8- 10 % and is the latest i7 processor. 5 cameras
Laptop is 12-15% but it's sole purpose is to run one camera, no other apps ever run on it. it is a quad core processor.

hope this helps and thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 10:31:11 AM »
What are the Brand/Model of the cameras?  If they are IP cameras, then it may be the network that is struggling, not the CPU. Also, if they are IP cameras, please try turning down the framerate coming from the cameras.