Author Topic: iCam won't launch on iMac  (Read 4028 times)

Marnie

• View Profile
iCam won't launch on iMac
« on: July 17, 2015, 10:40:57 AM »
Just downloaded iCam on my iPhone 6 and iMac. It's showing up in iTunes as downloaded and is under "my apps"  but when I click on it, nothing happens. Nothing. How do I get this thing to even start?? I'm running OS X 10.9.5

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam won't launch on iMac
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 04:09:33 PM »
The App in iTunes is for your phone. Are you running the iCamSource program on your computer? If not, you can get the Mac or Windows version here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

You need to run iCamSource on a computer with a webcam in order to view the webcam on your iPhone. Once iCamSource is running on your computer, select your webcam from the Video drop down list and your microphone from the Audio drop down list (or No Audio).

Then set your login and password. You can set the login and password in iCamSource to be anything you want. Make sure it’s something other people won’t be able to guess easily.

In iCam on your iPhone, make sure you are using the exact same login/password you entered in iCamSource on your computer. To edit the login and password in iCam on your iPhone, click the "i" button in the bottom right corner of the screen. That button will take you to the Settings page, where you can edit the login and password.

There is more information about setting up iCam here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/

Marnie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 05:03:31 PM »
THANK YOU and I'm sorry I've been slow in responding.
The good news is, I have Icam up and running on my iMac and it says "connected to server" at the top.  I have the app on my iPhone 6.  I have read troubleshooting. I have re-entered my user name and password as I entered them on my computer SEVERAL times. Yes, I understand they are both case sensitive. I have turned off my phone and turned it back on.
Bad news: still getting "No Sources Found" on my phone.  So, what next? I'm bummed.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 12:46:26 PM »
If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

Marnie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 07:00:49 PM »
Reply with IP address has been emailed.
Thank you!

Marnie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 12:45:41 PM »
We purchased the icam bundle for my husband's iPhone as well.  can't get it to work there either. So, now have the app on two phones but no ability to see the camera. We need to get this up and running asap as we have pet sitters coming to the house.

I sent the requested email 6 days ago. Trying to be patient but need to get rolling.
Thank you.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
I apologize for the delayed response. An email response has been sent.